J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found the wire that controls the Speedometer, and build a switch into it so I can turn it off whenever I want to, this means when I turn it off, the Speedometer will read 0km/h, and I can go past 180km/, and reach an estimated speed of 220km/h.
This is very simple to do. If you have a 5 spd. Tranny it will be exactily the way I'll describe it.
Pop your hood, get a flashlight and look down on the driver side behind the engine. If you look down, there is the oil-check dipstick for the tranny, and left to it there are 2 wires comming out of the Tranny.
These are the ones controlling the Speedometer. All you have to do is cut one wire, and build a switch into it, but you should get an electrical wire that leads inside you car, so U can trun this off whenever you feel the "Need4Speed"
This is incredibly easy to do, just dont turn the Speedometer on past 180, or your engine check light will come on.

-John

·
Registered
599 Posts
Jhonny,
I have read your posts since you have joined this site and you seem cool to me. But why have the urge to do 130-140 MPH? You are 16 and spent your life savings on your ride. If you wreck it can you get another. Or better yet another you? People that fly down the Highway at 100+mph Give themselves and their peers bad images. Meaning if a Civic Flies by you and your mom at 100+ and cuts into your lane you think What a D*c%! Not only would you be endangering yourself. But you would be putting the people around you in danger. I'm not trying to be a dick
but being a father and fellow J owner I think you might want to think about when and where when you activate this Mod.

isaacs93cavi 15.9 @85mph

[ This Message was edited by: isaacs93cavi on 2001-11-24 21:57 ]

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, its true, not like im gonna go that fast much anyways, lol, at 210, the Cavalier sounds like its gonna fall apart.
I did not do this mod because its usefull, but because my Friends Ford Temp governs out at 190km/h, and he always bugged me about that, now I can say, Nope, doesnt govern out, cause I can turn it off. Its not about actually going that fast, but being able to tell people that U "could".
Thanks for your input;

-John

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
It's a cool mod, but i personally would only use it on a track... I plan on going next spring for the first time. see what my car can actually do. if it cuts out onthe track i'd consider this (cheaper than a chip isn't it =)?

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I dont know if it would work on your car though, because U have an Automatic, but if its still drivable when U unplug it, it should be fine.

-John

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Unless your quarter mile times are dipping into the 12's, I don't think you are going to hit the 110 mph speed limiter at the track

Your trap speed will probably be in the high 70's - low 80's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts