J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my buddy went home to see his mom in nova scotia and he left his 2000 Grand am GT with me for hte weekend...

its got a 3400 and its so damn sweet, i love it

haha and well the cav is still out with a snapped axel :cry:

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
my buddys GA GT is faster than your buddy's GA GT.. :p :p :p

i got his car to run a 14.9 run on a stock cam and t/body. its one of only 3 GA's in the 14's N/A...

ported heads,
milled a bit for a bit more squish,
smoothed intake runners,
S&S headers,(my headers that i had to sell :cry: )
Flowmaster muffler(my old 80 series... :cry: )
and highflow cat.
oh and an intake tube.

werd...

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
i almost bought a GA GT this summer. brand new 03 with the 25th aniversary trim package, and that new metalic orange colour, we had a sweet deal on at our dealership for employee's on new vehicles, was so close to buying it, but then i realized that i'd have to give tossing parts on the bird for a few years... bought a 92 subaru winter beater instead for a Daily driver. LOL....

plus the thought of the crapola N body brake system... ughghghgg.. that and AUTO... meh.... i'll wait to see what GM has to offer me again in the next year or two.. :wink:

·
Registered
703 Posts
Those Grand Am GT's are pretty sweet. I like the RAM-AIR induction and 3400 motor. I just wish I could get one in a stick... :x

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
johnyg said:
z24dawg said:
its got so much fuckin torque :lol:
I guess your not used to that much torque with your little 3.1L :p

-John
haha not used to the way the 3400 only has huge amounts of torque at a certain RPM range u mean ? :p

cuz my "little" 3.1 aka 3.2 has torque over a bigger rpm range ;)

but i still like the 3400

the Ram air is sweet too on the GA

too bad i had to give it back yesterday :cry:

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
z24dawg said:
johnyg said:
z24dawg said:

-John
haha not used to the way the 3400 only has huge amounts of torque at a certain RPM range u mean ? :p

cuz my "little" 3.1 aka 3.2 has torque over a bigger rpm range ;)

but i still like the 3400

the Ram air is sweet too on the GA

too bad i had to give it back yesterday :cry:
FYI: Ramair doesnt to shit all. ;)

-John

·
Registered
5,730 Posts
v6h.o. said:
i almost bought a GA GT this summer. brand new 03 with the 25th aniversary trim package, and that new metalic orange colour, we had a sweet deal on at our dealership for employee's on new vehicles, was so close to buying it, but then i realized that i'd have to give tossing parts on the bird for a few years... bought a 92 subaru winter beater instead for a Daily driver. LOL....

plus the thought of the crapola N body brake system... ughghghgg.. that and AUTO... meh.... i'll wait to see what GM has to offer me again in the next year or two.. :wink:
25th annivesary???

umm the first GA came out in 1973 (rwd) which would make it now well 31 years old

unless they are subtracting a few years that were left out

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
DOh, yeah your right geeds... its the 30th aniversary if i remember correctly...

bah. my confusion.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
what do you mean, "crappy N-body brakes"... I never had a problem with them
Constant NON STOP Brake Rotor Pulsation.....

front pads if not replaced with the expensive A/C delco Ceramics, the regular replacement pads do nothing but squeal.

Front Brake Calipers that always "crunch" for somereason alot of them, you press the brake and you can hear the brake caliper making noises, (my friend Jordie's car is exactly like this)

ABS brake problems....

Do i need to go on? or do you not believe a GM technician that works day in and day out on this JUNK???!

complete JUNK!

did you know the front brakes are made by PBR?? they're an Australia Brake company,

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
v6h.o. said:
what do you mean, "crappy N-body brakes"... I never had a problem with them
Constant NON STOP Brake Rotor Pulsation.....

front pads if not replaced with the expensive A/C delco Ceramics, the regular replacement pads do nothing but squeal.

Front Brake Calipers that always "crunch" for somereason alot of them, you press the brake and you can hear the brake caliper making noises, (my friend Jordie's car is exactly like this)

ABS brake problems....

Do i need to go on? or do you not believe a GM technician that works day in and day out on this JUNK???!

complete JUNK!

did you know the front brakes are made by PBR?? they're an Australia Brake company,
Well that explains why my 2 month old, 1000km, set of brakes are squeling non stop :evil:

That and it feels like there's only 1 spots on the damn rotor that the pad is grabbing :evil:

Is there any way to fix the problem so it stops doing that?

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
bezal said:
johnyg said:
z24dawg said:

-John
Some of us aren't blessed with money or the skill/know-how to do a engine swap.
Actually, I think you don't know enough background info here. John wasn't making fun of him for only having a 3.1. z24dawg has removed his 3.1 and completely rebuilt it with a 3x00 upper end, which is a lot more work than just removing a 3.1 and dropping in a fully assembled 3400...

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
skeletor said:
bezal said:
johnyg said:
z24dawg said:

-John
Some of us aren't blessed with money or the skill/know-how to do a engine swap.
Actually, I think you don't know enough background info here. John wasn't making fun of him for only having a 3.1. z24dawg has removed his 3.1 and completely rebuilt it with a 3x00 upper end, which is a lot more work than just removing a 3.1 and dropping in a fully assembled 3400...
thank you ;) i was too lazy to type that hehe

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.