J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently bought Pioneer 3-ways for my rear speakers in my 92 z24 convertible. I'm using the stock grilles and I would like to keep using them, but they rattle when the bass is turned up. Does anyone have experience with this and have any tips for how to stop the rattling?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,372 Posts
how are they attached? how did you install the speakers. the correct way is to remove the whole rear side panel and remove them from the back. on mine, the only way they could rattle is if they were broken. i would check to see that they're not broken, and if they are, then its off to the junk yard.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
crodog856 said:
I recently bought Pioneer 3-ways for my rear speakers in my 92 z24 convertible. I'm using the stock grilles and I would like to keep using them, but they rattle when the bass is turned up. Does anyone have experience with this and have any tips for how to stop the rattling?

Thanks
The grilles probably aren't what's rattling. If the speaker isn't fairly flat on the top, either the tweeter/mid is touching the grille, or the woofer is shaking it. IIRC the grille is not detachable from the panel (at least it's not in my '93 vert). If the studs on the back of the panel have some room to spare, you can put a spacer in there to hold the speaker away from the backside of the grille. If there's no room on the stud to back it off, you need to somehow extend the stud.

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
when i put my 6x9's in, i took the old ones out, took out the whole bak seat and the dash thingy on the back then i drilled 4 holes, put 4 bolts through, then bolted the 6x9's under the dash thingy, so it still looks like i have stock speakers 8) , just gotta buy new 6x9's since my deck fried the 6x9's that i put in :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
stu71584 said:
ya the grilles arent removeable i dont think. if they are rattling, i would rip em off and put the pioneer grilles on.
Don't you think that if something around there is rattling, and the grilles aren't removeable, that it's likely something else rattling against the side panel?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.