J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
there area few years from which a GTP engine will not fit
hush, do NOT utter the name of that said beast. from the depths of the GM proving grounds it was forged and built, and released on unsespecting customers....
the beast should have been kept caged and locked and forgotten about and left to the dungeon it was thought of...

i love my 660's but this relative of that family is like the black sheep that should have been shot.....

(cold shivers run down my spine) ughghghhh...

i repeat do not say the four letter name of this foul engine.... let it be...

but as to the 97-pressent GTP engine. Yes. will fit. has been done before, and will still be done, however the talk of doing said project will be talked about by thousands more people than the .001% of people who will actually do this project...

one of those, "oh im going to put a 3800 S/C in my car.." if i had a nickle everytime i heard that. ... sure you are...

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Meh, as usual, I don't agree with driverz

I like the sound that the 3400 DOHC makes...sounds really bad ass... so what if you have to cut the car in half and weld it back together to change an alternator...?

Worth it for sure.

Later.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
3400 DOHC
correction 3.4L DOHC... not 3400.. big difference.

i said NOT TO SAY THOSE 4 little words...

notice the first 3 letters of the name?? what do they spell..

DOH

thats right DOH. the first words out of my mouth when i have to work on those POS at work. aghghghg...

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
v6h.o. said:
hush, do NOT utter the name of that said beast. from the depths of the GM proving grounds it was forged and built, and released on unsespecting customers....
i repeat do not say the four letter name of this foul engine.... let it be...
the reigneing 'Mr undeveloped brain' champion said:
...the 3400 DOHC..
DOH!
I mean come on dude, so you hate me, get over it. ang the DOHC is NOT a 3400!!! and when did I say I don't like it? it just hasn't been done and become completely functional.

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
turbobird said:
darkz24 wrote:
I laughed out loud at that DOH remark.

Hah, Mev, you're not the only one.

And yeah, I know why too. Try doing, well, anything on those motors!

DOH!
you mean like changing spark plugs?

the alternator? 3.5-4 hours.

how about the Oil Pump Drive ORING?? 16.somethign hours... yeah its stuck under an overhang piece of the rear cyl head. which requires the removal of the heads... which requires the timing system to be mucked with... ect ect...

ughghghg...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.