J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a chance to get a turbo for 100, well it is the whole car. I have a 2.2 in my cav now. the turbo is commin out of a dodge daytona 2.2 will it go on my car, or will it be a pain in the ass and not worth the hassel. i got my cav for free so i can put some cash in it. i didnt get the TRUE Z b/c i got this one , i wanna get some good h.p out of a 2.2. any suggestions??

·
Registered
175 Posts
dude, puttin a turbo on a car not meant for a turbo is really hard. Not only are you using a turbo from a different brand of cars, but the turbo from a daytona ( im assuming a pacifica or shelby) wich is probably a garret. If you want a turbo for your car, your better off looking for a turbo sunbird and transplanting the whole motor. Since I'm gonna assume the cav u got for free probably has high miles, it has the original pisyons and rings in, if (and I say if) you managed to hook up the turbo and get it to work, the compression from the stock engine will probably be too high, and you will more than likely end up poppin that motor.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks, grandnational much appreciated. i was told soo many things about this and that, so all the info is very helpful. actually my cav has 127 on the od. but it being a 4 banger i need a little umph, well not too much but just 4 shit and giggles. but i did like the sunbird deal with the turbo on it i will figure something out but thank u for the info.. IF ANYONE HAS ANY IDEAS TO HELP ME OUT IT WOULD BE GREAT. THANKS GUYS

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.