J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How come there are tons of j-bodys and noone makes headers for them. I want them so bad but I don't have any clue how to make them. You would think summit or GM performance would make them!!!!! Does anyone know anyone who makes them or the how-to to make them?

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
well.. i know how to make them as well as a few other users on this site.. problem is they are not cheap to make and no one seems to want to pay what it cost to make them.

If you are willing to pay (roughly) $700 for some headers i'll bet you can get some made..

If that seems like alot, look around and see what a set of custom headers cost, as that is very reasonable...

There is a pic of my headers (incomplete) in my profile.. They are complete now but i don't have any pics of them on the net.. It cost me over $550 to make my headers.. that don't include the 50+ hours labor i had into them..

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
cavsrusz24 said:
Dave how much do you plan on selling them for? And if you sell them at the bash how much would you charge to make a set. Very interested......
between $400 and $600, possibly more if you want them ceramic coated.

Depending on how things go it'll be late winter/early spring before i build another set. It's a huge pain in the ass because i build them on the car.. which means i gotta take off my longtubes and disassemble my subframe, etc... Not to mention the 20+ hrs of work :lol:

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Dave if cavsrus isn't interested I might look you up on that. I am swapping my engine this winter with a bunch of other crap. I was going to make my own but really don't have the time or the know how. I definately want a set. I'll start saving the money for them now. :lol:

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
wolfwood390 said:
whitelightning2 said:
Modifying a set of beretta or grand am headers would be easier than building a whole set.. :lol:
I know its hard to tell without trying to fit them in the car but using your best judgment what do you thin needs to be done to get them in? I figure you would be the best one to ask :wink:
i'd have to see them in person.. and actually try it.

the front one fits fine, i'm guessing you'd just have to adjust the angle of the rear and the angle of the crossover pipe.

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
briannflintz24 said:
www.ssheaders.com

cheap and good quality..

and no their Beretta headers won't work for a cav... :(
I didn't see anhy Beretta headers on there anyway.

If there was they would fit, since the J and L body are vitually identical in the areas that would matter on fitment of headers.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
briannflintz24 said:
www.ssheaders.com

cheap and good quality..

If there was they would fit, since the J and L body are vitually identical in the areas that would matter on fitment of headers.
sorry to hijack this thread but six, did you ever find those 3x00 exhaust flanges i asked you about? just curious. :) since im not getting the truck running this year id like to start mocking up the new headers and stuff. thanks.
now back on topic :)

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
34blazer said:
Six_Shooter said:
briannflintz24 said:
www.ssheaders.com

cheap and good quality..

sorry to hijack this thread but six, did you ever find those 3x00 exhaust flanges i asked you about? just curious. :) since im not getting the truck running this year id like to start mocking up the new headers and stuff. thanks.
I was looking at the box just the other day, but was on a mission for a coupel other things, I'll have time probably tomorrow to look and see if I have any extra. I may just get another run made up, and sell a few sets.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Six_Shooter said:
34blazer said:
Six_Shooter said:
briannflintz24 said:
www.ssheaders.com

cheap and good quality..

I was looking at the box just the other day, but was on a mission for a coupel other things, I'll have time probably tomorrow to look and see if I have any extra. I may just get another run made up, and sell a few sets.
ok kewl thanks. what were you looking to get for a set. 60* store has for around 50 bux i think

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.