J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to do something with the headlights, i have the blackouts on there as of now, but i would like to put some nice bulbs in the front.

My question is if anyone thinks it would be a bad idea to paint the headlights like you would paint the tail lights, with my own design...etc. Instead of going through buying all that stuff from GTS wouldnt it be easier to cut our designs and paint the headlights from there?

Or give me something you think would be better

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That might be a big no no with the cops where you live, not sure, GTS makes a clear headlight cover, maybe it's be better to use that instead and paint it with your design on it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cops around here arent a big problem, im just wondering if the paint would stay on or look crappy

Thanks though

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
aren't the headlights on the 91-94's textured? that might make the paint run a little, if you do this be sure to use more very light coats rather than a medium or heavy coat of paint.

good luck.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
I am going to do something like this, with clear GTS covers instead of directly on the lights. Only problem is the covers have been on backorder for 3 months...
Apparently GTS has taken upon new ownership, and the production lines have been down for a couple months. They are supposed to be back online soon...

·
Registered
599 Posts
I have 2 sets of 91-94 Clears. One never opened and the other set used (But Stripped)$20 for the used ones plus shipping and $35 for the new ones + Shipping. the used set was only on for 3 weeks. I didn't like the look.

isaacs93cavi 2.2 15.9 @85mph

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the feedback, keep em coming, i would rather use the GTS, but 3 months is a long time, im sure i could work something out by then instead of waiting ya know?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
isaacs93cavi, I may be interested in that New set you have. I will call autoaccessory.com tomorrow and see if I can cancel my order with them. If I can, I will definately buy that new set of clears from you!

·
Registered
202 Posts
I hav essen this done and it looks cool. I'm doing mine soon as well.

go to http://home.cogeco.ca/~jonsz24/

check the message board. i think it is number 70 or 71 someone looking for opionions and they put up a bunch of ideas and then went through with one of them looks good.

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm using #7 headlights with #3 signals. Probably painting blue also (color of my car)

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Im thinking about going yellow on my car, pics in my registry, let me know what you think, lot of people think i should just go red but i dont know, let me know what ya think

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
look in my registry, i got all yellow inside my car, plus im putting yellow neons inside and out to add glow to the inside...

havent looking into red/white combo

ill have to check into that

·
Registered
599 Posts
Moon,
I will be going to the post office Monday, to send out the headlight covers.Do you want meto open the box and make sure everything is cool?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts