J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my car was parked for a week and today I go pick it up it,was near dusk so I turn the headlights on and off I go.While driving on the highway I noticed my dash go off but didnt think nothing of it and didnt notice the healights where off because there was still some light outside.Tonight Im getting ready to go out and decide to take the Z,start the car turn the headlights on and nothing.Headlights,parking lights,tailghts,plate light,interior light including gauge cluster and heater
lights and the horn are not working.Hazard lights,brake lights,turn signals and reverse lights are working ok though.So I grab my flashlight and I check all the fuses are there fine.By this point Im really fustrated and park the car on the street and hop into my trusty Honda and off I go.Anybody ever have this problem??What should I look for?If I have to spend another $50 in this car Im going to put it in the auto trader this week.I knew I should have never bought another GM(garbage motors) again!!

Thanks,Sam

89 Chevy Z24
92 Honda Civic Si HB HYBRID
96 Yamaha FZR 600R
01 Honda CBR 600 F4i

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Could possibly be the switch inside the turn signal lever on the stearing column. I had this go bad on my car, causing the lights to not work right.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not nice at all. . .why come to a site like this and hack on Z's? You should give that Z to someone who deserves it. And btw - honda? Who needs a car that sounds like a long fart when you accelerate?

·
Registered
256 Posts
try tightening the things that your fuses push into by pinching them together, make sure fuses are tight,,,
I might not be wrong but hey,
thats all i got...
AC

·
Registered
415 Posts
Dont knock the man for owning a Honda. There is nothing wrong with what he said. Yes our 1st and some 2nd gens are starting to show their age and yes become less reliable.
I had a trusty Honda too and if it werent for the demise of it, then I wouldnt have my 86z now. Kinda cool if you ask me.
I believe your switch is bad. Go to a local electronics dealer and get some contact cleaner and clean that switch from the back side. Work the switch in and out while spraying and in a minute or two, try the switch. If it works, youve got dirty contacts and will probably need to replace the switch.
Hope this helps. Later.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts