J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I call it the heating console thing...dont know the real name...but, I'm talking about the thing that controls your AC/Heat...Defrost, Bi/Level, Cold, Hot air thing...right under the stereo deck.

Anyways...my rear defrost button doesnt work and both lightbulbs are burnt out on this thing.

I tried to take it off to replace the bulbs but I cant get the facing off the front...the knobs on the Cold/Hot air switches are in the way and I cant pull them off. How do I get this thing off? Do I just keep pulling at the switch knobs till they come off? Cause once they are off the facing will slide off.

Also...dumb question, I know...but I have never done it before, everything Im doing with this car is a first...how do I go about taking the headlight covers off to change the headlights?

· Premium Member
13,866 Posts
the bulbs are behind the actual consol, you dont need to remove the knobs to replace the bulbs, the entire section is held in by 2 or 3 bolts and all you have to do is loosten them and it should slide out, the bulbs are on the top of he unit, closest to the radio, the twist and pop out, i beleive the bulb # is 70 or some crap like that. its very easy to replace, dont pull the knobs off, no need for that

· Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I'll have to loosen it up again and take a look, my friend told me the same thing...but when I had it off last week I couldnt find no bulbs above or ontop of it...they are behind the facing thing...I pulled the facing away a little bit and could see them, I believe there is on in each corner but my fingers are to big to get to them without taking the cover off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.