J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone kno how to fix a crooked windshield decal? I've put them on my other cars..i dunno what happened! its not SUPER noticeble..but you know how you are when its your car..u want perfection Can someone tell me how to fix it or do i need to remove it all together? whats an eazy way to remove it if i have to? Thanx!
Leigh

·
Registered
121 Posts
im not sure what kind of decal and whats holding it on but i would try to heat it up with a hairdryer cause if its glue then it will melt and you can move it around and when your done the glue should dry again....if its somthing else holding it on let me know what it is and ill try to help ya out

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
You aren't going to be able to straighten it without removing it, and then you run the risk of tearing it, and the adhesive not working again. You can try the heat method, which should make it come off easier, but you might end up stretching or melting the vinyl (I am assuming its a vinyl decal). Good luck. Hopefully it wasnt too expensive, as you may need to go buy a new one

·
Registered
17 Posts
If you end up HAVING to take the decal off then get a good razor blade and start scraping. Then get some goo gone to take the residue off.
Joe

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ThanX for the help everyone..it wasn't THAT expensive, just kinda hard to find thanx for the tips

Leigh

[ This Message was edited by: leelee82 on 2001-07-19 07:13 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.