J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All. Whenever I'm accelerating I notice some hesitation. It's not really a smooth acceleration like it should be. No matter what speed I'm going it does this. It seems like it takes a while for it to kick in, but once it kicks in it accelerates smooth and fast. I guess it could be the tranny. Anyone have any low cost solutions? I've cleaned the throttle body and replaced the fuel filter within the last two months. Thanks to all!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've yet to replace the spark plugs since I purchased the car a year ago. The tranny sounds fine so i guess ill replace the plugs. Thanks alot, I'll let you know if it helps

·
Registered
415 Posts
It may not be any of those things. Plugs can cause this, but will usually misfire for the symptoms.
Hesitation like you described sounds more fuel related to me.
Check your injectors and run some injector cleaner and maybe clean the throttlebody. Moon has a good how to on this site for the lowdown.
Make sure your linkage is not binding also. Good luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Could be a clogger fuel filter in the back.

BTW, hi Misnblu, didn't think I'd see people from j-body over here!!!

·
Registered
246 Posts

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
you all missed the obviouse check your timming its probbally off a few deggrees 8) that makes for poor reaction

·
Registered
245 Posts
hey there, when u cleaned the TB did u take it off?? because when u might of done this u might of loosened up the TV (throttle valve cable) of the kickback cable, i had this problem when i changed the TB gasket, all i needed to do was tighten the TV cable, and it works just like it should, try this, hope it works

·
Registered
585 Posts
I'll second the 02 sensor, I had the hesitation problem when i got above 3 grand, plus a reasonable amount of black smoke coming out of the exaust. New O2, ran great. Check the codes while your at it, u'd b amazed at what the computer knows.......

1 - 10 of 10 Posts