J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just in the past week i've noticed a new sound to the car. Its a faint *hiss* sound comming from near the back tires. I checked the exhaust for leaks but i dont think its comming from that... any advice would help.

thanks

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
almost time for a new fuel pump or a leaky gas line, but i presume there's no gas odur or spray when fuel lines are pressureized.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Aphytex said:
Are there snakes in your trunk?

Parked? Driving? What?
Dude if you got snakes in yur trunk you may want to call animal controll or somethin!!!! :lol:

my guess is pump if it makes the noise while ideling and/or driveing or during inital system prime. If it occurs after key is tuned off and there's a fuel odur than it's a fuel leak

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
My new pump makes a sound sorta like that. to me soudns like its running strong, seems the newer pumps are noisier, or perhaps because it flows more too.

if your pump never made that noise before... you might want to just assume the worst and get a new pump, a good investment since the stocker is almost 20 years old anyways.

·
Registered
5,820 Posts
dan_tha_man_103 said:
checked for snakes, couldnt find any :-?
it hisses while idleing.. so ill check the fuel pump i guess
thanks for the help
mine makes the most noise at idle right at startup and until the car warms up a bit. then it settles down to a slightly lower volume hiss.

your probly not hearing it any other time than idle because the windnoise from the car moving is most likely drowning everything else out :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.