J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can hear something like a hissing, or a pressure relief coming from the drivers side every minute or so. It will hiss/vent every minute no matter if it is in gear, or in neutral. I had the HVAC turned off, so it isn't anything related to that. The only weird thing that has been happening lately is the car is moderately overheating. It used to stay around 1/3 on the temp guage, but lately it goes slightly over half. Any ideas what that hissing it? Thermostat?

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
If it were a vacuum leak large enough to hear it when inside the car, I would think that the idle would be going crazy. You can still check all of the vacuum lines to see if they are intact. You can alse check to see if your cooling system is sealed.

Brad

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
valid point brad, but if it was the cooling system you would see and smell coolant wouldnt you?

·
Premium Member
17,284 Posts
I dont really know what it could be. I would run the car until the noise is heard. Then I would get out and look under the hood to try to pinpoint the sound. I'm at a loss to what could cause what you are talking about.

Brad

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well, I am a fucking idiot.

I got in my car to go home that day (before I went to mechanic) and heard the sound again, and I hadn't even started the car yet, just had keys in ignition and power on for stereo. So I listened to it and figured it out. Be ready to chase me off these boards :(

I recently took my wiper arms off to paint them, they were thrashed. Somehow I had hit the wiper controls while driving and had them turned on. Hence the intermittent sound from inside. The wiper "dials" where running, but with no wiper arms attached I could not tell.

Thanks for the help Brad and Soup, sorry I am a twit!

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
:lol: :lol:

its ok, everyone misses the little things at one point or another!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.