J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was surfing the Org when i saw this post <LINK_TEXT text="http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f ... 0&t=206810">http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=2&i=206810&t=206810</LINK_TEXT>

The guy is almost hitting 15's. with these Mods

Custom cold air intake
Custom Exhaust
Focus DTM Muffler
8mm Accel spark plug wires
Bosch platinum spark plugs
OBX Header
1.6 Comp Cams Roller Rockers
ASP Pulley
Grounded with 4 gauge wire
Upper and Lower Mounts from Karo
Control Arm Bushings from Karo
Ported Throttle Body

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
:lol: :lol:

On a serious note, I agree that the jbody doesnt have the most potential, but the v6 at least has a little bit.
The 2.2L OHV on other hand has almost zero potential.

-John

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
johnyg said:
I have to disagree with this, if you find the right info and follow it word for word operation for operation, GM was able to get 200+ HP with restrictor plates in the late '80s from a 2.0 OHV, not to shabby IMO.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
the_raven said:
johnyg said:
I have to disagree with this, if you find the right info and follow it word for word operation for operation, GM was able to get 200+ HP with restrictor plates in the late '80s from a 2.0 OHV, not to shabby IMO.
I agree the 2.2 has potential, lots of people are working on 200+ HP 4 bangers and a few have already been built.

that and it's one of the most reliable engines ever.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
johnyg said:
:lol: :lol:

On a serious note, I agree that the jbody doesnt have the most potential, but the v6 at least has a little bit.

-John
Yes zero compiared to your 3400 or any other v6 for that matter. but i could say the same about you since for the same amount(if not less) of money it takes to get 250-300hp from a v6 i could get 500hp from a v8. :wink:

All i'm saying is that 15 sec 1/4 is pretty good for a 2.2.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
the_raven said:
johnyg said:
Not too shabby at all, but I dont see any N/A 2L OHV engines being driven around today.
I dont mind 4bangers if they at least have dohc to make up for the lack of displacement.

Yes zero compiared to your 3400 or any other v6 for that matter. but i could say the same about you since for the same amount(if not less) of money it takes to get 250-300hp from a v6 i could get 500hp from a v8
At least the V6, stock for stock, can keep up with a V8 ;)

-John

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
johnyg said:
the_raven said:
johnyg said:
Not too shabby at all, but I dont see any N/A 2L OHV engines being driven around today.
I dont mind 4bangers if they at least have dohc to make up for the lack of displacement.
Maybe not, but the 2.2 is the same EXACT design, save the 200ml displacment increase. ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.