J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well I do have 205/55/16 but the car handles for shit with my stock 14's on it it handles better. It could be the type of tires but the 16's are goodyear and they are practically new so i was thinkin with wider tires it should handle better.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
rlandis said:
Well I do have 205/55/16 but the car handles for shit with my stock 14's on it it handles better. It could be the type of tires but the 16's are goodyear and they are practically new so i was thinkin with wider tires it should handle better.
What size tires are on your stock 14's? This as well as different tire types could affect the handling.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
You might try something like a Sumitomo HTR+ (allseason) or Kumho 716 (allseason), 711 (summer), or 712 (summer). I like Kumho tires because they're inexpensive and they perform well. Just check out the reviews on tirerack.com. :pimp: That'll give you an idea of how good all the different tires are.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
ridgerunner said:
penz88z24 said:
I'd not go wider than 205 on a 6"
205 is the height, the second number is the width. IE 205/55r16
No, it's not. The first number is the tread width in millimeters, then the second number is an aspect ratio of height to width.
is simpler words, its a percentage of the width (ie. 55% of 205mm) :D

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.