J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
well, this is a common problem in our cars, it ends up being one of three things...

1) the cruise control module fucks up

2) the switch gets faulty

3) the wires that go from the module to the switch (right comming out of the arm of the turn signal for phase 2's) are soo tiny they get brittle and break, so depending where it broke, you either can just fix the wire, or you might have to get a whole new turn signal arm..

my cav has cruise, and after tearing the whole arm apart, i found the problem, it was number 3, and i thought maybe i could take apart the tube of the arm, but no, its not possible, the wire broke half way inside the arm, so i have to go buy another arm from a junk yard, lucky me eh? :D

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
is the arm hard to change? and how do you do it? because its probably easier to replace the whole unit rather then troubleshoot it.

theophile--what after market unit are you talking about? a steering wheel or a cruise control unit?

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
remove the steering column cover at the wheel underside (three bolts) remove the top half as well, should just slide off, then there's two bolts for the turn signal (cruise) arm one above and one below, just unbolt em (they're torx screws) then just slide it out,..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.