J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still have stock exhaust but soon i'm getting a high flow cat, magnaflow muffler and i'd like to get custom piping 2.25". Would the 2.25" pipe be from the headers back or from the cat back? Would i have to stay w/ stock size from the headers to the cat? Thanks.
Z24Dogg

·
Registered
221 Posts
Um, yes they do. It's rather noticable when you get failed for emissions. The platinum in the catty converts the CO2 to just O2, which is just oxygen. Without the catty, you're merely spewing out CO2, which will show up on your windshield when they slap a red R on the lower right corner of it.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Well first off some tech.. you dont have headers (dont worry just a misuse of the term on your part) you have exhaust manifolds (cast exhaust manifolds to be exact) , this part im not sure about but one of my v6 buddies said we have 2.25 stock???, anyway its a bit more expensive but 2.5" is better either way, and if you can afford it get it from (and including) the downpipe all the way back, yes... use a high flow cat in that setup

·
Registered
3 Posts
2.25 is sufficient unless you have a nice air intake, ported and polished intake manifold,larger TB, ported and polished exhaust manifold to a highflow cat.. then I would use the larger 2.5 piping... but if you don't have a larger amount of airflow in... what's the purpose of a larger exhaust pipe

and you can call a exhaust manifold a header if you want... just don't use the term headers cause there is only one in a 4cyl

[ This Message was edited by: girlyz on 2001-11-18 15:53 ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.