J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I really need to know how some of you removed the VSS from a 91 5 spd, this thing is killing my, o speedometer and the milage counter goes like a bat out of hell round and round, at least tripling my milage.... I unplugged it, removed a 10mm bolt and a plate from around it, but its nott budging, please help....Argh :x

·
Registered
837 Posts
is english really that difficult of a language? i mean, i know a lot of stuff doesn't make sense, but speaking coherently should be easy enough.

to remove the VSS sensor, you need only remove that one bolt and the little fork that the bolt holds down. after that, try twisting it back and forth while pulling it out.

91firecav said:
this thing is killing my, o speedometer and the milage counter goes like a bat out of hell round and round, at least tripling my milage
it's killing your o speedometer?

i'm assuming you have analog gauges. i don't see how a VSS problem could make the mileage go FASTER. i'd guess it's a problem with your speedometer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
anyways, thanks for being a smartass..... My keyboard happens to suck and i have no spacebar. I meant to say this thing is killing me, no spedometer....... and the VSS had something to do with it because i unplugged it and both the speedometer and odometer stopped completely. thanks for you help anyways :wink:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.