J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

I just found a 1987 Cavalier Z24 hatchback here in France. The car comes from Zwitzerland and has 68,500 km.

Engine is the 2.8L V6 with a 3-spd auto, and the car seems to be stock, with AC, cruise control, power steering and power windows.

It's quite far from where I live, but before calling or mailing the guy I wanted to know what you experts think of it.

What kind of "performance" can I hope from a stock 87 Z24 auto?
There aren't a lot of 87 Z24 hatchbacks out there, and the only ones who give 0-60 times, 1/4times and such are modded.
How "good" is a stock one?

I never did anything to my cars until now, and I was wondering if I could use this car as a testbed to learn how to mod it, and repair what I can to keep it running. To make it a kind of cheap "low-expectation" sleeper on weekends, until I can buy something more American (read: V8-powered).

I'll try to add a pic.

Attachments

·
Registered
408 Posts
Um, im not a super expert on these cars as much as some other guys on here but this should help http://www.v6z24.com/specs/28specs and compared to the cars in Europe, in that class this will smoke them, but i was born in Europe and been there recently off the line this car will smoke any like Reno or Citroen. Most european cars are like 1. something so ya. uL just be paying more at the pump thats all.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.