J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to determine exactly which rust proofing substance I should use? I have Heard of Rust Bullet, POR15, and the Encapsulator from Eastwood? What concerns, problems, and positive things do you have to say about it?

·
Registered
378 Posts
Lots of the pros like it, its cheaper and seems to test better in many cases. Somewhere on the net there is a side by side with POR using a marine diesel on a small ship. Each side got one of the products and the Zero rust obviously held up better. No potentially fatal fumes to deal with either like POR or any of the commercial 2 part paints. Those isocyanate hardeners can give you horrid allergic reaction and eventually put you in a hole. Zero Rust has a web site someplace and sells direct if memory serves. Putting on some phosphoric acid etch is recommended prior as well. Parks makes it by the pint and its cheap at paint stores whereas the auto stuff runs around $100/ gallon. You might try checking out http://www.autobodystore.com/ forums for lots of info on this stuff.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.