J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my lights were burnt out in my HVAC thing...I switched the 74 bulb on the left hand side of the thing. But the right side was still out...so I took off the facing to see that the lightbulbs are attatched to a little computer chip board and are soldered on to it.

Anyways, the fucking retard who owned the car before me I guess attempted to just pull the bulbs out of the solder which led to them breaking on me and now its a real fine mess.

Question is...can I can get that chip from a dealer and if so does anyone have a clue how much it is? Or would they just end up selling me the whole HVAC unit?

I will probably end up going to the junkyard and picking the thing up...but I just figured if I could just get the chip brand new from a dealer it may be a better idea to do that then to go get something from the yard.

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
it would not only be easier but also cheaper just to buy the controld panel from a junkers

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
so your saying the left side is a 74 bulb and the other side is soldered to a circuit bored, good thing only my left side burnt out, so i would have to take it out and solder in a new bulb for the right?, what kind of bulb would i use, sorry for the thread jack im just curious

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.