J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
YO! Check this out guys. Sunday the 30 of september, i was coming home from the races we have at countyline dragway park, I raced my friend who has a cadillac. and i beat him. i was going so fast that i caught up to a mustang!. I was then right behind him doing like......80! Then i stepped on it and i passed him. I went past the 110 on the speedometer and he couldn't catch up anymore! then i saw a turn, the one to my house.(this is a road by the way) I couldn't help it but go into the curb of the turn and into the ditch at 110 mph!!!!!shit!!!!!!
The only thing i messed up was the lower control-arms on both sides and the bumper, but who cares, i am getting one from FX DESINGS. Well, the guy in the mustang stoped to help me out and said, "Shit!, I didn't know Cavaliers could do that or go that fast!" OHHHH! And by the way his was a Mustang GT!!!!! but its ok! I will get it up and going again. I wanna post pics but can somebody tell me how?!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
221 Posts
Congrats, you passed a Mustang. To race one, never mind beat one, you both have to start from a standstill

·
Registered
278 Posts
To beat a mustang you would have to be running more then stock. We might be able to get them off the line but that's it. A GT Mustang beat my friends Eagle Talon that has 200HP, and he can beat me. So there is no realy challenge with you and the mustang. You passed it, and fucked your car up that's just stupid.

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
No offense, but I wouldn't exactly call that a race. A GT is making over 250 horses.

And if you are going to race, please be careful. You are lucky you didn't flip your car or something. When we race a car and win, we like to call that a "kill". Well, I don't want that to be literal.

·
Registered
129 Posts
ahh let the kid have his fun. even though i bet the gt didnt even get on the gas at all.. next time when ya race someone do it at a light. not on a highway cause highway races arnt really races.. their just whos odometer goes highest.. anyhow gl with the repairs.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well.....what can i say? He admitted to not being able to catch up to me. I guess his car was not in good shape then huh? But I look at the bright side of this:
1) I still have my 93 cavalier RS
2) I am turning my 94 Z24 into a project
3) If this is what it took for me to make mods...then so be it.

I mean, the car will not touch the pavement unless i have all my mods on the car with the FX Kit and new 18" wheels. Including NOS. As for me racing in the highway......I LEARNED. But he who fights, never wins. He who wins, then it wasnt a battle. I AM A SURVIVER.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have raced many mustangs in my 93 z and I can tell you that the z is quicker off the line but once the stng hits 2nd gear you are dead. You can beat 6 cylinder mustangs all day and night, I beat my friend n a turbo talon too!! I didnt know it had 200 hp!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
it's impressive that you went into a ditch at 110MPH and still are able to move your arms to turn on the computer let alone type that out, surprised the car didn't fold in half, the chasis isn't that strong with hard front on collisions.

peace

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, the impact was on the curb of the turn where i was going. After the impact, the car just went in the ditch. Still hard, but the impact was on the curb, and thats why i fucked up my control arms, cv joints, and struts. But i am fine. You will see how much better my car will be once i get it all supped up again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
What gen mustang was it?
87-94 GTs only have 225 HP stock. It was less than that in 86 and earlier, and I'm not sure but I think that number actually went down in 95-99 gen.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Well guys i have one thing to say, those who like stangs that is fine. but i think that they are the worst car to buy they look kinda good but they suck u can buy a new Z28 camaro and dust a cobra. and for the record my friends 96 2.4 grand am beats my friends 99 v6 stang ford is slow, chevy kicks ass!!!!

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I agree, Mustangs suck, I mean why the hell did Ford even consider putting a 4cyl in one. Mustang used to be known as a Muscle Machine, but once they start making "economical/gutless" Mustangs, they all start looking bad. Mustang is a Womans car anyways. Most guys drive Camaros or Trans AMs, not shitty mustangs.

-John

[ This Message was edited by: johnyg on 2001-10-22 17:30 ]

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Well, it is known to us that Mustangs suck. And i don't think it is fun working on a car that is already fast. I think the fun in mechanics is making a simple car, like the cavalier, to run as good as the Mustang. I did wreck my car racing against a mustang, so what. Well....a car chase. But the fucker could not catch up to me, i mean, if mustangs are good as they seem, why couldn't he catch up to a measly cavalier. But NE ways, I bought a 3.4L engine from a Grand Prix 90. I can get the supercharger for it for just 750. after that, its all GRAVY. IMPORT FIGHTER.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Just a quick question if Cameros and Trans AMs are so much better than Mustangs then why did GM quit making them?

·
Registered
118 Posts
They're not selling.
GM has decided that they can make more money with minivans and FWD compacts.

Ford has succeeded with the Mustang becuase they changed their target demographic to women.

It's the same thing that happened to all the fast imports in the mid 90's (Nissan 300ZX, Mazda RX7, and my favorite car, Totota Supra - all are gone now)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well..beating a Mustang would be awesome, beating a GT damn near impossible. there is only one cavalier that could beat that that i know of and this thing can test a vette. he dropped a V-8 from a bigbody in it somehow. anyway, i have taken a 95 regular mustang and won and a 5.0 off the line but he caught up with a quickness...

so try again...

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Look Wildcard, I beat a Mustang on a CHASE. I admit it, not a race. It was a GT and he couldn't catch up. Now if they are so good, how come he could not catch up to ME. Just wait and see (i'll post pics) when i drop ther supercharged 3.4L on my car with a ZEX system. Not NoS. Then my friend, Mustangs WILL be right next to me. IMPORT FIGHTER.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts