J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys, I might be speaking too soon, but it looks to me like the endless road to save this Cavalier is coming to an end. I've had countless problems and have always found a way around them, but this time it might just be a little too much. And considering I've been contemplating another car recently, it might kinda be a sign. Read here and you'll see what's up. I'll post the "list" I mentioned in here later tonight when I know what it consists of.

<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f ... 3&t=196843">http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=5&i=196843&t=196843</LINK_TEXT>
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
274 Posts
sorry to hear that man, thats what happens when you have old cars like ours, my plans are just to make this one a cruiser/dailydriver till i can get a real car lol a faster car. but..if you do part it out, i got dibs on the kit! but hey man its a nice car cosmetically(minus front bumper)

i cant give ya any advice, its your choice to sell or not to but just remember shit happens and you will always get through it lol

sry if that sounded whack i am tired.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,896 Posts
problems are what make cars interesting, your gonna call me crazy but this how you learn stuff about cars, if you sell your car and get another used one, that one is just gonna have some problems to, all used cars will do that to you, and if ya get a new one itll eventually do it when it gets old enough. think of it this way all the stuff you are fixing is probably factory parts right? like an old brake booster for example its been working for 10-11 years, put a new one it and it probably will last you another 10-11 years. and whats so bad about driving a focus?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well guys thanks but I'm definitely not keeping this car. It's been put off for too long and it's finally time for it to go. The bumper will be replaced soon and after that the car will sit in my driveway under a cover until after winter when it's sold. Right now I've got 2 options, last night I test drove a 1999BMW 323i, 5spd, or I could get Joe Niderno's car. For those of you who don't know him, these are the options. It'd be great if you could put up your vote in this thread (on v6z24, not j-body) Thanks guys.
<LINK_TEXT text="http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f ... 53&t=31353">http://www.j-body.org/forums/read.php?f=6&i=31353&t=31353</LINK_TEXT>
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
13,848 Posts
sorry to hear that, good luck with whatever you decide.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
DAMNIT DUDE THAT SUX :x that Makes me mad, Remides me of My own CAr...Right when i was goin to get It painted I was going to order A full body Kit for My car, Turns out I blew MY DAMN motor,,If its not one thing its another, I know thats just how you fell..
But I have decided I have put to much money in my car to try to sell it..It would be worth More money if I sold
And in 2005 there will no longer be a Cavalier -So we got a Classic in the makin..
Everything Seperatly- Rims - Paint - System - Motor....
So Im just going to bear with my car until next Year when i get a new Vehicle...And Garage My car for -driving occasionaly and for SHOWS_

GOOD LUCK
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
486 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Ummm dude I've put at least that much money into repairs in this car. Read the post carefully. The point is, there's more money in repairs needed for this car that it's worth, probably combined with the worth of your car, too. It's not worth fixing anymore, I've been doing it for too long and blowing too much money on what's now worth nothing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,780 Posts
dizacav said:
Ummm dude I've put at least that much money into repairs in this car. Read the post carefully. The point is, there's more money in repairs needed for this car that it's worth, probably combined with the worth of your car, too. It's not worth fixing anymore, I've been doing it for too long and blowing too much money on what's now worth nothing.
I Understand..Ive looked at The post Closely...
Ive put in more money in my car than what its worth also..But i just cant let it go...major mods and $ not little repairs..
Paint Job $2000
Motor because I blew it$2000
Rims$2000
thats Already More Than what i Bought My car for....$5000
 

·
Super Moderator
Joined
·
20,045 Posts
gjlannin said:
problems are what make cars interesting, your gonna call me crazy but this how you learn stuff about cars, if you sell your car and get another used one, that one is just gonna have some problems to, all used cars will do that to you, and if ya get a new one itll eventually do it when it gets old enough. think of it this way all the stuff you are fixing is probably factory parts right? like an old brake booster for example its been working for 10-11 years, put a new one it and it probably will last you another 10-11 years. and whats so bad about driving a focus?
That reminds me of a saying:

"Better the devil you know, than the one you don't."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,389 Posts
In the last year I have dropped a nice chunk of change

Seats: $600
Bodykit and paint: $2000
Rims & Tires: $500
3400 v6: $850
Misc. other shit: $800
TOTAL:$4350 WHICH IS $1000 LESS then I paid for the car
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,363 Posts
bumpin_z said:
In the last year I have dropped a nice chunk of change

Seats: $600
Bodykit and paint: $2000
Rims & Tires: $500
3400 v6: $850
Misc. other shit: $800
TOTAL:$4350 WHICH IS $1000 LESS then I paid for the car
Man i've put alot of money into mine also. Done all the work myself tho so saved alot of money

Body kit: $1400
Rims and tires: $1600
System: $2500
Hood/spoiler: $750
X-1 Fenders: $300
Repairs: around $1000

And i payed $1000 for my car....and the total is $7550. And i call that saving money... don't i feel stupid.

We fixed radiator leaks, oil leaks, broken water pump which led to broken belt, which overheated the engine and about fryed it. Broken heater, brake fluid leaks, bad brakes, bad shocks, broken exhaust piping, replacing the manifold... alot of work but i enjoy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,522 Posts
i'm feelin pretty good then heres my list

$300 for car
$500 for rims/tires
$130 for beretta seats
$200 new lowering springs, shocks and sturts
$200 for my door popper kit
$100 in misc junkyard parts
$89 new stainless muffler
$60 new carpet
$10 new headliner material
$60 new driving lights
$80 used side skirts and front bumper
$20 new plugs and wires

so far i'm at $1749 :D my stereo stuff is going to cost more than my whole car, oh i forgot dynamat thats another $100. so i'm not doin to bad
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top