J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
all of a sudden when i come to a stop at a sign or just stop when drivig my RPMs dive then go up, then dive, then settle around 500. The if i continue to sit they will lower and my Check engine light will go on....Its not my iddle regulator cause that was just replaced cause we thought that was it.....
Any ideas or suggetions?
Thanks
AC
ps...it drives fine otherwise so i don't think it is the gas or injector or Altenator cause tat was also relaced....The whole engine just slows, then pumps.....

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
not sure, i can ask teh guy that works on my car but what would cause my car to be so spuratic like it is? when he used his big carchip reader thing it seemed like nothing at all was wrong weith the engine but obviously it was missing something. The guys works at a ford dealers so he knows what he is doing but are we missing someting?
Thanks again
AC

·
Registered
175 Posts
sounds silly, but try replacing your fuel filter......Had the same symptoms last summer, and that did the trick. Also make sure your getting spark to all six cylinders at idle, cuz if your not, its probably the ignition control modual. Hope this helps

·
Registered
97 Posts
i had a similar problem but without the check engine light. I just changed plugs and wires and it solved the problem. Put on some 7.5mm wires and at least Delco plugs, that should solve the problem. if it doesnt then just buy a new Z. JK

·
Registered
827 Posts
Here's some ideas :

- try cleaning your TB
- Check SparkPlug Gap
- Check Ignition Wires
- Check IAC

http://www.jbodyperformance.com/car1.jpg</URL>">
1989 3.2L Z24

[ This Message was edited by: dallion on 2001-12-03 21:44 ]

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
Mine did that for a while but then stopped............it turns out the ground was shot so I replaced the cable and has been fine since

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.