J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my Z24 for my 16th birthday, it was my uncle's old car and the thing was immaculate, freshly rebuilt engine and transmission, paint like it just came off the showroom floor. I fell in love with the car and became a member here. Slapped on some rims and an exhaust, and not even a year after I had the car someone pulled out in front of me and the front end was ravaged. I had the option of getting money to fix, or to total the car out and get the insurance money from that. Almost five years later, and to this day I still regret totalling the car out. Nothing I've owned since then has even come close to the fun I had in my Z24.

So now I'm looking to buy another one(I just found one in town!!), hoping I can get rid of this damn tC I still have two and a half years of payments on, and want to become active here again and see what all kinds of stuff I've missed out on over the years.

For those in the v6z24 community, never get rid of your prize. :D

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've thought about letting mine go before, i'm glad i never did though, it's been through a HELL of a lot to keep going. I remember one time when i was 18 i was driving around with no left fender, mismatch wheels a beat up door, and the steering column laying almost in my lap lol. I've kept on dumping money in it all these years, and for some reason i can't quit. It's the neverending project, but i wouldn't trade it for anything. It was a gift from my mother and my first car and i hope to one day pass it on to my son.

Shane

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
I know the feeling, My 89 Zvert isn't my first, but every time I think about selling it I end up changing my mind, even tho it has some issues... They'll eventually get sorted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.