J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
O.K. Here is the scoop...i have a 800 watt sony Xplod amp powering my two subs and two 6x9's. The Subs are MTX 4000 and hold all the amp power when my car is off in the accessory mode. And it thumps. But when the car is on, The amp shuts off and the protection circuit on the amp for 'over current' comes on. Can Anyone tell me why this is?...and maybe some solutions as to what i should do...

if you need more information just let me know.......

thanks for the time

·
Registered
718 Posts
So are you saying that if your key is turned back and the engine is not started then it works fine, and if the engine is running you get an "over current" light? Do you have the right size fuse inline in your power cable? Check your ground too. I can't really think of anything else.

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
check and make sure your remote wire from the amp is hooked to an accessory circuit or off of your deck. Just to check for wiring problems you can just run a quick wire between the remote and power just to see if the amp will run with the car running.

Sony's are kinda wered, they might actually have an over-voltage circuit. In that case your alternator might be putting out more than 14.4 volts.

Just my .02c

:pimp:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.