J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I started my car yesterday, worked fine, then when i turned it off the key barely turned back. It turned back just enought to cut the power to the motor but the car beeps like the key is in the ignition. I dont even need the key to start the car!!! also now my hazards dont work..... has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? im sick of having to jump start my cavi!! :x Also i nee to know how to pull the VSS out of the tranny, i thnk its really stuck in there but i don know it it turns out or pulls out. thanks a bunch!!! :D

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
Can you get the key out of the cylinder? If so, trying squirting a little teflon lube in the keyslot and work the key in and out a bunch of times. You might have a tumbler stuck. Hopefully, it is that easy, but, I doubt it..

If that doesn't work, how comfortable are you with disassembling the steering column? And most importantly, do you have the tools to do so? You will need a steering wheel puller, a lock plate remover, and a lot of patience.

- Frank

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.