J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i've been through 3 alternators in the past yr, i have a new duralast gold 105amp with a lifetime warrenty. Here's the problem.... when im driving and i have the headlights on and one or two more loads the Volt Gauge will drop and stay down and when my fan goes on the car gets sluggish and hesitates(sp?) AND when im racing and im near 5000rpms in 2nd(auto) the Volt Gauge goes crazy its drops and rises!!! I ahve new bosch plat +4 plugs,bosch wires, new alternator, 6 month old Diehard Gold battery, new coils and i checked all my connections...... ANYONE KNOW WHATS WRONG WITH MY BABY?!?!!?!?

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to say that when i have 1 or 2 loads on and i turn on the heater the blower fuse blows!!! i dont know if the 2 are related or not.

·
Premium Member
7,448 Posts
it could be the battery itself is defective .. uhm, there is also the possibility of a head/head gasket being broke, i know i had the same thing, went through 4 alternators, and it was the battery, but, it was also the fact that my head/head gasket went on my cavi, check your oil, if it looks like chocolate, and smells kinda like rad fluid (meaning, it smells sweet) its your head/head gasket

there's my two cents ;)

·
Registered
585 Posts
I would say battery also, although you said it's only 6 months old, and you've blown alternators previous to it and with that battery. Sounds like as simple problem so easy to fix, no one knows what exactly it is, lol. Maybe just check your power wire coming from your battery to the fusebox, starter, alternator, etc. If you blow a heater fuse when you turn it on with loads on, its most definatly because its not getting enough juice. The less voltage there is, the more of a load simple things are, so that would cause it to blow. Thats about all I know.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.