J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tonight my car has seen its first major problem

the car spun out on a very slick side street and hit a big curb.. and i snapped the tire rod or did worse damage to my front right-side tire... so now my z is out of use for a while

sorry to waste space but i had to get it out

[ This Message was edited by: pinball on 2001-12-04 00:43 ]

·
Registered
527 Posts
I feel for ya man . A couple of years ago I slid of the road into a ditch and done quite a bit of damage (around $2400) and I didn't get it back for a few weeks. but now she's good as new so "don't worry be happy"

·
Registered
96 Posts
ONe night one my way home from work I saw a car in the middle of an intersection it looked like my wifes 93 Cavi, so I stopped. Sure as shit, the god damned balljoint on the pass. side gave out snaping the rod end and driving the entire wheel assembly up into the fender as she went around the corner. So what did I do.....I took her home and beat the living shit out of her for ruining a perfectly good car! Just kidding. I used it as an axcuse to park it in the garage for 3 months while I swapped the 2.2 for a 3.1 from a TGP. She nearly shit her pants next time she drove it.

·
Registered
40 Posts
yeah i had a really bad wreck,
i was going to a party with my girlfriend and two other people, it was about midnight and i was going pretty fast around windey turns. As it came about a turn had a sign down and i didnt know it was really bad turned the wheel but kept going straight, hit a gaurd rail and a car sitting in the middle of the road, left by some dumb bitch. Turned out i totald my car, about 4 grand was the estamit. But fixed it all for $250

p.s. i also totald her car too
as for everyone in the car we were ok i was totaly pissed i ripped off my front grill in anger.

[ This Message was edited by: nanner on 2001-12-04 12:38 ]

·
Registered
679 Posts
when i got rear-ended i had to get a new trunk lid, right fender, and bumper. wrecks suck. just when you have your heart set on the next mod, you have to put all your cash into fixing the damn thing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey guys if there is anyone in the northern wisconsin area, and you wreck your j-body. I will do the body work for NO labor costs so you can have some leftover insurance money for mods.

Why would I do this??

For the cause brother.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Last friday i was driving home from my gf's house. just 11 miles away from mine. i was going down the highway and was very tired. i was goin 85 to get home and get to bed. next thing i know im waking up to the sound of my tires runnin the grooves on the side of the highway. by that time my rear wheels were in the gravel and the car begin to skid. i stomped the brake and cut the wheel to the right and got the car to spin. after skidding through the middle of the ditch up and down the sides between the divided road i was able to come to a stop. after working the wheel like nuts to keep it under control. no major damage. a small hole in the muffler and and hell of a lotta grass all over it. i was able to kick the dirt out from around it and get out, even though it was rainging and slick. after talkin with the six cops that were there i was able to go home and go to bed. what a night. damn!

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
damn ceasar sounds like u had fun... yea too bad last night there was no cop in sight... why is it that when you want a cop to come they never do???
(i tihnk this is the only time i wanted one to show)

actually i was warned already for my blackouts from the city i was in... my car is like in the middle of the street and i noticed my blackouts weere on.. so stupid me im out there rushing to take them off. I really put on quite a show for the residents nearby

·
Registered
50 Posts
yeah with all the cops there, i got very lucky. had my tinted license plate cover on, plur the darker film tint u put on it. didnt have my front plat on cuz it makes the car look like shit. and i had my bass lights turned on. and forgot my seat belt when i left. lucky they were in a good mood that night.

·
Registered
346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I finally got my Z BACK!!!!!!

The cost isnt pretty considering im tryin to save up for a flowmaster exaust. My buddy (who is a mechanic) told me i broke my right side front tire rod and the A-brace (which is a double weded piece) i dont know how i broke that only goin like 20.... anyway the total cost was about $520 dollers..... BUT ITS BACK THATS WHAT MATTERS!!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
hey all
well on feb 9 ill never forget the day .my cav was smashed....i was sitting at a red light just chillin listening to bizket.when this kid comes flyin down the road doin 70kms (about 45 mph) wasnt lookin at the road .he was lighting a smoke and wam nailed me from behind....my car was fucked .pardon my language....one thing im proud of tho is that the stereo was still playing and didnt skip heehee...well i was in a bit of rage when i got out and heehee kinda knocked the kid out when he got out.so that didnt go over well in court...well the car was out of commision for about 4 weeks and there was 7500 damage.i wanted it to be right off but they wouldent do it .they said it was worth too much....but they fixed it and well they did a pretty decent job.no probs yet .knock on wood.....another good thing was that i fought with they insurance company and the guy who fixed my car for a good rental and i got this 2000 cadillac sts....i told they guy fixing my car that was making a shit load off my car so he could give it to mee so i got that for the month .it was sweet...i was pimpin like king in that....i talked to the guy who fixed it after and he told me that he made 3000 off my car so it was worth it to give me the cadillac....oh well i got my car back and im happy now im just waiting to get a nice settlement and then ill have a sick z24...laywer said i can expect about 15000 and ill be happy with that....
well thats all thanks
see ya
jimmy

1 - 13 of 13 Posts