J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

I had to go to the dump today, so I got to find out what my car weighed. It weighed in at 2880lbs with me in it (220lbs) and a full tank of gas (10gal, about 80-100 lbs) plus I had some other stuff in the car as well that weighed about 10 lbs. So...

2880lbs
- 220lbs
-80 lbs
-10 lbs
= 2570 lbs :D Not bad really, and I still have my spare tire, and a stereo system(deck, amp, and 6 speakers.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
The scale is under by about 200 lbs.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
the_raven said:
That would make it 2770lbs :-? A little heavy don't you think? According to what I have read, the early (88 to 89) 2 gens where 2591lbs. I have no carpet or underlay in the car, so I figured that accounted for the 21 lb difference. Also my car has NO options, no air, no power anything, very basic.
I know that the sunbirds are heavy though, for some reason pontiacs are.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the_raven said:
That would make it 2770lbs :-? A little heavy don't you think? According to what I have read, the early (88 to 89) 2 gens where 2591lbs. I have no carpet or underlay in the car, so I figured that accounted for the 21 lb difference. Also my car has NO options, no air, no power anything, very basic.

Also, my dads 03 chevy pick up weighed 4200 lbs on that scale. Sounds about right.

·
Registered
177 Posts
nemesis25 said:
I think its because the birds get better sound proof material, and ahah better speakers! Thats the only thing I can think of..

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
outspokin said:
nemesis25 said:
I think its because the birds get better sound proof material, and ahah better speakers! Thats the only thing I can think of..
Ya that sounds about right, they also got more options in them typically.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
nemesis25 said:
the_raven said:

Also, my dads 03 chevy pick up weighed 4200 lbs on that scale. Sounds about right.
http://www.v6z24.com/specs/92specs
2689lbs

·
Registered
177 Posts
I just looked a few sites last night. The cars with the V6 are at an average of 2,500 to 2,600 pounds while the 4cylinder j's are more around 2,400 pounds.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
outspokin said:
I just looked a few sites last night. The cars with the V6 are at an average of 2,500 to 2,600 pounds while the 4cylinder j's are more around 2,400 pounds.
Thats exactly what I found too. And having weighed my car, it looks accurate.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.