J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Looks very sharp bro. Love the blue and the engine bay was done very well. Good luck putting everything back togeather without scratching the paint!!!! :D j/k

Just take your time and you'll be fine!!!!

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
looks fucking awesome man! thats what color im hopeing mine looks. got the paint behind me so all i need is the sprayer

·
Registered
4,031 Posts
Hey, looks pretty good.

what you got going on with the 3400 there? your not going to use all the OBD2 shit are you?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
hahaha thanks for the support ppl.

The engine will be full OBD2; 3400 with 4spd auto. using the PCM and cluster as well ;). custom mounts are in place and the custom axles fit perfectly. The rest of the engine work is gonna be done over the winter.

No tire shine needed, haha! Those are the old wheels. 17" Epic Icon rims will be replacing these ;)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Yea thats him. the guy that thinks 20 year old cavalier hoods are worth more then gold.

Didnt you offer him $100 2 or 3 times and he wouldnt help out a fellow J owner? even with 2 of them in his garage?

·
Registered
4,294 Posts
Car looks good.

Seems funny that you've dropped thousands of dollars into the car at this point and you're bitching about paying over a $100 for a hard to find 87 z24 hood. :-? the z24 hood would have been sweet on there....

·
Registered
25 Posts
Its the principle of the matter. No way he was going to pay that for a hood. its just rediculous. Yes it would have looked good, but oh well. Ken got ripped off enough on this project without paying an arm and a leg for a damn stock hood.

We told him it wouldnt sell for that much, and it hasnt. He can keep the hoods if he wants to be a dick about the price. Now he has 2 of them with no one interested. Throw em out, no one will pay that kind of cash.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
^Wut he said.

Also, I have been going for a smooth clean look too. No spoiler, very few lines. Hood would have been meaner, but would have taken away from that. Which is another reason I wasn't gonna pay more than a reasonable amount for a hood.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.