J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as some may know im moving to calgary at the end of october well seeing as they have snow and crap there the Z24 is gone be in the garage over the winter, so im planning on getting either another 5 speed/V6 cavalier or a 1/4 ton truck (s10) anyways either way they will have a 2.8 or 3.1 and 5 sped

so im planning this for the motor:

use the stock bottom end
272 crane cam
set of 1.6 roller tip rockers
iron head gaskets
and 3100 or 3400 heads and intakes of course

seeing as 3X00 heads seem to flow well at high lift this is gone be an experimental motor for future mods to the Z24 :D

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
With the compression you are running, you really should have a more aggressive cam. The 272 would be good, but I think that the 3400 top end would be needed to really take advantage of the cam IMO :D I think that would be the makings of a ridiculously powerful engine :wink:

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
Dan, I s'pose you are planning on rebuilding the bottom end? If you use the Iron head bottom end (S-10) and use the corisponding pistons to that bottom end, you will probably not enjoy the added compression in the winter months, 2.8 flat tops with aluminium heads are in the 11.5:1 area, and 3.1 with the iron head dished pistons are in the 12.5 to 13:1 area, not exactly low traction friendly. ;)

Next time I see, you, I'll show you eactly what needs to be done to use the aluminium heads in an S-series, using the original block, there is some machine work that needs to be done, for clearancing and to make it bolt together and run. ;)

·
Premium Member
7,148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
nemesis25 said:
With the compression you are running, you really should have a more aggressive cam. The 272 would be good, but I think that the 3400 top end would be needed to really take advantage of the cam IMO :D I think that would be the makings of a ridiculously powerful engine :wink:
huh ? :-? im talking about a motor for my winter truck/z24 not my current cavi. :wink: its got a cam that is in between the 272 and the 260 but its a Federal mogul cam.

but wat i was thinking is putting some 1:6 roller rockers on my current motor for next year and see what happens the lift would be really high heheh

chris - ya i wasn;t thinking of the S-series iron heads :oops:

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
LOL

Looks like someones mouth is one hell of alot faster than their car. If someone around here does alot of talking, it's driverz.

:lol:

Later.

·
Super Moderator
20,045 Posts
z_two_4 said:
dailydriverz said:
..and neither one will be as fast as megatron :D
will this "magatron" you speak of ever run?
I was kinda thinking the same thing. :p

·
Registered
6,925 Posts
It could run in a week, it could run in a month, I could wait till April and put a spooly thing on it, right now scoot, we're tied ;)

edit: mars_man: Dan, Scoot, Chris and I all give each other a hard time, thats why I said what I said. We all give each other a hard time, but we still know we're all faster than you :moon:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.