J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We'll im back from Wildwood, there were so many cops this year almost 1 on every block. my car barely got there :( while we were there we were trying to fix my bogging problem. We started her up and her a ticking like a zap, we notice my plug wires were bad, so we replaced them. That didnt help, then there was almost nothing coming out of my exhaust and alot of putting and popping? so we took the cat off and the cat was fried it rattled so much, car sounds like a v8 though :D had some compliments, but she is still running like shit. She has no power i couldnt smoke em in 1st with the ebrake up :( and i couldnt even break the tires loose in 2nd gear in the RAIN :(. Seen a white Phase 2 with gts black outs he was driven around it was really clean, then when we took my car for a spin he was coming up one of the side streets and i started my car, he noded and was like HOLY SHIT lol. I also got my tongue pierced down there :). On the way back up ive decided i want a 3.1 and to get rid of my 2.8 and all its problems.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
Ya, you have a lot of miles on that engine, have you thought of rebuilding it?
My 89 has 250,000 miles on it :eek: At about 230,000 miles, a new GM goodwrench short block was put in. WOW, the power was back!! Just a thought. I can chirp 3rd, on dry pavement :wink:

Also, now might be a good time to think about a 3x00 set up :wink:

·
Registered
8,922 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
if i got her to run right maybe a rebuild would be possible but she keeps bogging down and idles high. Idk wuts wrong with it, only way i can get a decent start is to dump it at 4k rpms and thats after about 10 seconds of keeping her floored to get her there.

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
You have some serious problems there. It sound like an electrical problem, coils, or even the ecu. I'm not sure though, without actually seeing the problem first hand its kind of hard to tell.Could also be that the injectors are not firing properly, but like I said its hard to tell.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.