J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I like imports and domestic if done right. Alot of people put stupid thing on cars like stickers, ugly sounding mufflers, and driving with no hub caps. On this car site a dumb ass said "oh domestic car with high displacement are retarded I have a honda sports car like a S2000 or a NSX because it's more horsepower per liter." First off would you buy a 50 plus honda? Second if you are going to buy a 50 plus car F%ck more power per liter. If I was going to drop 50 F%ck gas. Third torque domestic sport cars make way more torque than honda sport cars. This guy I was talk to said domestic cars suck because there run at a lower RPM than import cars what a dumb ass. Ok running a motor at high RPM make more wear and tear. Also why a 200 hp 4 cyl motor will lose to a 200 hp v8 because power is not near the red line.

·
Registered
701 Posts
girlracer said:
:-?

I own an import and a domestic :D
Love the Lude :wink:

I like imports as well as domestics, I like all kinds of honda's, Nissan's and mistubishies

But the cavi just happens to be my first and only car, if i had the money i would buy an import to tune too.

·
Registered
385 Posts
There are pro's and con's for both domestics and imports. I like both. I like the torque of the domestics and just straight up power, but I also think that the imports have WAY better interiors and handling. It is a never-ending debate. :)

·
Premium Member
7,463 Posts
oh id be the first person to say i like imports if they are done right... you get a nice eclipse or RSX... body kit and paint..... they look tight... but when you start adding the wings and stickers and all the pointless shit it just ruins it

·
Registered
130 Posts
The only things I really don't like about imports are A) The marketing is all about youth "high performance" bumpin' pimp cars with more amps than hp on the Jap cars, besides, let's not forget Pearl Harbor. :) B) They cut a huge slice out of the domestic market that would be being put back into the US economy. C) The people who drive them-the stereotypical, mind you, and the all-too-common ignorant weak simple-minded assholes- think that, because it's an import, it must be better. Yes, the American manufacturers slacked off, but they got back on the ball and now a domestic is often as good of a deal, if not better, than an import. You can buy a Mustang GT for under 25 grand brand spankin new. $25000 VW can't touch it.

As for performance, power to weight ratio is what's important. Build up a Supra to the sky and you'll get about a 1000 hp in a much lighter package than, say, a hemi Cuda. Even if it all comes after 7000rpm, it'll rev so fast, it won't matter. I must say, the feeling of a big block is one that can never be duplicated by boost. There's no replacement for displacement.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.