J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, well I just so happen to have a few extra computer fans and heat sinks kicking around at my house and I need to do somthing with them once I start my custom fabrication process after I get the ball joints changed so i can get the car back on the road, my list includes these
- Custom Projector Head lights with out housing from a 05 mazda 3 that i am going to play around with and see what i can do with designs

-I plan to attempt a shot at making a custon fibreglass center console piece, using all the stock mounting locations, but the reason being is i want to clean up things like where the HVAC controls are and where the deck is going to go, as well as make a switchboard, I have a few things drawn up on paper, but does anyone have pictures from the interior of a 91-94 cavalier that is customized? I am in search of ideas and what I can possibly atempt a shot at doing

-Remember those fans I told you about, well what I plan to do a cooling setup for an amp rack, again I need ideas for this setup in the trunk of a 91-94 cavalier, I want to make something creative, so if anyone has picture I would love to see them

also if I have say a power distribution block that I use to branch off electrical connections to multiple amplifiers / electronics, would adding a heta seat onto this do anything, or will I just be wasting my time with this?

any input is appreciated
:pimp:

·
Registered
270 Posts
One day id love to custom make a console for my 89, no more cassette holder, cd's instead, no change cup, instead 2 can/cup holders, also a mini police scanner in it, and more odds and end switches , oh, and a decent arm rest that was actually useable.
And no ash tray.....

·
Super Moderator
20,044 Posts
Adding a heatsink to the distro block is a waste of time. It won't get hot enough to need one, much less benefit from one. If it does actually get warm from use, you probably need to change something else. ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.