J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is painful to even type...less than a year ago I would've sworn that I would never get rid of this car but I just don't have the time anymore. I want this to go to someone who will continue to care for it the way I have. A rare car! So here it is (check my swap thread for more pics my swap: <LINK_TEXT text="http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/3500-an ... 08720.html">http://www.v6z24.com/jbodyforum/3500-and-tranny-swap-it-runs-now-with-updated-pics-t108720.html</LINK_TEXT>
):

1990 Cavalier Z24 3500 Swapped Successfully, ONE OF THE FEW in the world (Never Been in any type of an accident!)

The Good:
-3500 swapped (fully and running, done about 2,000 on the swap)/
engine is from and 05 Malibu (motor has only 28,000 miles on it!)
Motor has metal gaskets from WOT-Tech
-I have WOT-tech Custom Billet TB and Adapter that I never switched out from the one I put on there during the swap
-FFP underdrive Pulley (yes it is actually FFP)
-Bypassed A/C with shorter belt
-swapped auto tranny for 5 spd (150,000 on tranny)
-Eibach lowering springs all around (low mileage)
-Monroe shocks and struts (low mileage)
-New Windshield
-Custom exhaust done by local shop (immaculate with Magnaflow muffler)
-Stage 2 clutch disc and pressure plate from clutchnet.com (Yellow)
-Short throw shifter (solid one-piece, not those crappy bolt together ones)
-Immaculate black carpet that was taken out of another cavalier
-Custom Chevrolet mats (gift from my girlfriend that I never got to use...cost about 180)
-Alpine head unit
-Alpine 6x9s custom mounted so speaker is above the rear deck rather than below in that retarded bucket
-Infinity speakers in the dash
-10" JBL subwoofer and amp (hits amazing and sounds amazing)
-MINT trunk lid with shaved key lock(thanks to 90zcar)
-stock spoiler added instead of granny rack
-Swapped interior to black, dash and center console gray still
-Aftermarket steering wheel
-K&N air filter
-Oil never saw more than 3 months, havent gotten to 3000miles
-New fluids all around
-Stock rims from 00+ Cavalier, the nice 5 spoke wheels (Summer)
PLUS stock rims from 91-94 z24 for the winter
-Chevrolet Shifter
-Swapped Tails from 91-94 Z24, Silenced so doesn't rattle with sub)

AND ALL OF THE PARTS I HAVE FOR CAVALIERS which is insane amounts (I have a 3500 engine that can be dismantled, a COMPLETE 3400, an extra hood, ground effects, mechanical parts, exterior, interior, too much to list)

The Bad:

-Selector (shift cable) is broken. It was an original part but I never got around to fix it. As of now it has 3rd and 4th gear capabilities. Easy fix. Just need the get the cable.
-Custom made Tranny/flywheel cover that needs some adjusting/replacing because after it gets hot, every now and then it raps the flywheel lightly and makes a high pitch noise (dealt with it because noise is better than road shit flying up in there)
-Rust on the inside bottom of both doors, the usual spot that everyone has to deal with (fixable but I never got to it)
-Small spot of rust on the quarter panel (surface, just needs to be sanded and primed)
- minor dings over the years and could use a new clear coat on front and rear bumper but the paint is still in incredible condition!
-Door panels never fully swapped
-Center console isn't perfect
-Tires could use replacing
-Chrome tips starting to show spots

I do not check the site as often as I would have liked and I apologize to those who were interested. Please contact me via e-mail to get the best response:

[email protected]

If I think of other things I will add as they come up

I am DROPPING the price to $1500! With the amount of parts and everything you will get with the car, it's a steal. I want this to continue and become even more of a beast than it already is.

Anyone that knows me knows that I have a deep passion for this car as it was my first car and there will never be anything to replace the times I had with it. I took my time with the swap and made sure it was done right the first time.

More Pictures To Come tomorrow or once the rain clears up and by request if anything specific is wanted...I am going to make a Photobucket or one of those things so everyone can just look at all of the pictures I have of it

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Im bumping this. Please make any offer. I want this car to go to a good home where it will reach its full potential. I dont have enough time anymore. Anyone want this?

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ahhh damn

I love this car but I just dont have the time anymore. Im not in any rush. I have been maintaining it with oil changes and running it. If anyone is interested but not for a few months or anything keep checking back. I am not in any rush to sell it but I can sell this with everything that I own for these cars WHICH IS ALOT. Full black interior, extra seats, engine parts, exterior parts, interior parts, etc. Thanks

Dave

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bump

I apologize to anyone who showed interest in the car earlier and did not receive a response. Life got extremely busy but it is still for sale and it is still being cared for as it always has been. Thank you all for the interest and to those who didn't get a response before, I have contacted you in anyway possible. Feel free to emaul me at:

[email protected]

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
some pics of it

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
some more and about 1/100 of the parts I have for it

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
some more

Attachments

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I also have a brand new trunk lid thats already painted with the lock shaved off as well as a body color center console thats perfect.

Mechanically I still have upgraded billet throttle body and adapter as well as aftermarket intake. There are so many parts for this car its absurd.

I cannot believe someone is not jumping on this. For $2500 you are getting a gold mine. Ill get more parts pics this week but seriously somebody should jump on this

·
Registered
362 Posts
Well kid, If I didnt have my RX8, I would probably jump on this. I've been out of the Cavy game for 3 years now. I just happened to come across your FS post, so I thought I would check it out.
I lost two cavys in a span of about 3 months...one totaled and the one I bought to replace that one turned out to have very bad cancer (rust problems).
It indeed looks like a very nice car and anyone who bought the car should be very proud to own it.
I miss my 93 Z convertible!!!

If nothing else comes out of my post-FREE BUMP!

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks much appreciated

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
i would take it in a heartbeat, your not even that far from me, but i dont have the money :(

·
Registered
440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
bump. Will install the cable if somebody wants it.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.