J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want some red lights that i can turn on when i am driving, sort of like the curtosy lights..
What is my best bet in doin this?
I want something that does not plug into the cig lighter just cause i shine once and a while...
Any suggestions?
I would want it on a switch if possible...
Thanks
AC
89 cavy z24

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I don't know exactly where you live but there are some Red and Blue lights available at Part Source (dunno if thats canadian only) but I'm sure any aftermarket shop will have them, There direct replacements for your stock lights.

2 fot the floor lights and one for the dome light, If your car is like mine it has a dome light and a sepeate (brighter) map light, the only one it doesnt include a bulb for is the map light, But mine might be some aftermarket thing installed with the sunroof.

now, If you want those NEON light in your interior thats a little trickier. you'd have to buy them and see if there is a wiring diagram. but basically it's very Easy.

put a Fused Wire to the battery (or 12 Volt power Wire) run that to a switch, then from another prong on the switch to the Lights. DON'T forget to ground the lights themselves to the Chassis (Or any Clean Metal should do) No painted metal)

hope this helps a little bit.

·
Registered
27 Posts
yeah i have some blue neon lights inside my car so that they show on the front floor boards. All i did was wire them into my fuse box and then grounded them to a spot under my dash next to the steering column. if you want to have a switch then just put a simple one (you can get at Ace hardware) and put it between your ground. I bought the lights for 25 dollars and it is 15" long at advanced auto parts.

[ This Message was edited by: whiteboygotbling on 2001-11-10 18:20 ]

1 - 3 of 3 Posts