J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a 2000 Cavalier - Four Door. I was wondering if there are any other cars that have similiar size seats, that would be able to fit in the cavalier. Anyone know of any that would just bolt right in? or any that would be a similiar size that I could fit in there. And if possible, could you give me a little insight on how easy it would to do? Also, for the back seat. I am not sure if there would be any other make or model that would fit in the back. But, a little insight on that would be nice too.

The reason I want to know is, I would like to go to leather, but I am not to crazy about the way the seat looks.

Brian

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
you can pretty much take any set of seats out of any other j body, you could also take seats from other cars but you would have to do some modding to get those to fit. they also have aftermarket seats available, you can check out eaby or places like that for more info.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info Soup. When you say modding, i mean...you do have to get a seat that will fit though, correct?

As for cheetahcat79, yeah i realized i put that after I started the thread. My mistake hehe

thanks

brian

·
Premium Member
13,848 Posts
well you may have to put in new bolts or whatever, just make sure the seats arent to wide, im sure anything else can be worked out.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
cheetahcat79 said:
How about the exterior seats? How would you go about getting those to fit? :p

(Don't mind me, really, carry on) :)
He could mount a park bench on the trunk lid....can't look any worse than some of those spoilers we see on the rice rockets ;-)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
k,

See..the reason I asked was because I would like to get black leather interior. And I like other cars interior (such as like a 2000 Acura TL)...But the thing is..i am guessing that would be a little too big...but i am not sure. I think even if I got the fronts in...the back seats will be a pain.

Brian

·
Registered
7,387 Posts
tiny1877 said:
cheetahcat79 said:

He could mount a park bench on the trunk lid....can't look any worse than some of those spoilers we see on the rice rockets ;-)
True, true... :lol:

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
well, Grand Am had a leather option available until '98 (i think), they were black and we a direct swap into a 2nd gen, and the 3rd gen seats were pretty much a direct drop in to a 2nd gen....... so you do the math ;)

·
Registered
274 Posts
tiny1877 said:
cheetahcat79 said:

Visions of the first Jbody with a rumble seat, how would that be for a mod? :eek:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.