J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

· Registered
668 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you think it is worth the money to bag a cav?? i want to get a body kit for my car and lower it but i live in an area with alot of potholes and shit. also it snows and stuff so i dont know if loering springs are a good idea cauz of snow and potholes.. but i dont know if air ride is worth it because i dont know if i could install it my self and i dont know if it is worth $1400..

any advice would be nice

· Registered
2,364 Posts
dear god... i can get a kit for $897. But i posted a subject on pricing of this stuff. Overall the airkit will be better for our environment. Coilovers for a second gen for me are more exspensive, and the salt and sand on roads will get in those. And lowering with springs you will have to swap out every year, that maybe worth it if u like low price and work every year.

· Registered
5,745 Posts
bezal said:
dear god... i can get a kit for $897. But i posted a subject on pricing of this stuff. Overall the airkit will be better for our environment. Coilovers for a second gen for me are more exspensive, and the salt and sand on roads will get in those. And lowering with springs you will have to swap out every year, that maybe worth it if u like low price and work every year.
swaping springs out every year??? who told u that i`ve had my springs on for over a year and a half and havent had any probs

· Registered
2,364 Posts
geedsman said:
bezal said:
swaping springs out every year??? who told u that i`ve had my springs on for over a year and a half and havent had any probs
To raise it for winter.... then swap them in spring.

· Registered
5,745 Posts
bezal said:
geedsman said:
bezal said:
To raise it for winter.... then swap them in spring.
umm most people dont do that most people drive carefully in the winter, which is what they should do

i drove all winter last year lowered and with my front and rear bumpers on

· Registered
3,057 Posts
I would go with the airride. Raising and lowering on command is alot better then having to raise it and lower it manually. I'm debating whether or not to put air on mine.... After the subs and trunk mod I dunno if i'll have the room or not...

· Registered
2,364 Posts
bentley03 said:
I would go with the airride. Raising and lowering on command is alot better then having to raise it and lower it manually. I'm debating whether or not to put air on mine.... After the subs and trunk mod I dunno if i'll have the room or not...
you can always make a custom box and fix the compresor behind it. Or if you don't ever have passangers just take out the back seat and custom the whole back. That would be sweet.

· Registered
2,364 Posts
Whats the point of havin the car then? I use my car for everything. And would rather save money in switching springs or baggin it that buying another car, fixing it, insurance, and repairs over time. Gets costly after awhile. But i am leaving my car that hieght till i get bags.

· Registered
2,399 Posts
hey bez, my car is getting stored and I did it lasy year too. It gives you the time to do all the little things you want to in order to have it come out looking pimp for the next year. Thats why I am trying to get the 88 going ASAP so I have a winter set of wheels.

· Banned
544 Posts
ive had my car dropped with intrax springs for one winter so far, and it wasnt bad at all.. sometimes i would plow a little snow, but as for handling and traction, everything felt the same.

also i dont have a kit tho (and never will)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.