J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<LINK_TEXT text="http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... n%26sa%3DN">http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.n3lee.com/z242.gif/z242-full.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.n3lee.com/automotivehobbypages&h=358&w=526&sz=106&hl=en&start=31&um=1&tbnid=zPlErAzEnkkZ2M:&tbnh=90&tbnw=132&prev=/images%3Fq%3DZ24%26start%3D21%26ndsp%3D21%26svnum%3D10%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN</LINK_TEXT>

1993 Cavalier Z24 Convertible, w/ 5 spd 3.1 Liter Turbo McLaren V6 and custom fuel injection, electronic exhaust cutout, and alchohol injection, KYB GR2 suspension, Suspension Techniques Lowering Springs, Motegi Racing rims w/ 205/65/R16 Yoko Avid V4's. I have extensive pictures and knowledge of GM J-cars.
:lol:

·
Registered
3,473 Posts
LOL I know that guy, thats my buddy Lee in R.I. He helped me get the 3.1 into my 89 a few years ago when the 2.8 croaked.

:) He currently has a stock 94 minty condition Z24 3 spd auto vert for sale.

-Al.

·
Registered
5,490 Posts
whitelightning2 said:
blackz_twenty4 said:
What's wrong with that? The 3.1 Turbo was built by GM & McLaren... or am I missing something else? :-?

Chris
lol

Looks like someone had a bowl of retard for breakfast. :lol:
Explain?

The 89 GP had a 3.1 McLaren had worked on...

In 1989, air conditioning became standard on all models, and a 3.1 L multi-port fuel injected V6 replaced the 2.8 L engine. Another model designation to appear in 1989 was the Turbo Grand Prix. This version started as an SE minus three available options: leather seats, a sunroof, and in 1990, a CD player. These were shipped to McLaren/ASC to get a "B4M" body kit with special molding and hood louvers, and a modified 3.1 L V6 with a Garrett T-25 turbocharger and intercooler. The Turbo also included a full-analog instrument cluster that would soon become the base of the 1990-1993 sport cluster.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
McClaren did the initial tuning on the TGP and it kind of sucked. Those cars had all sorts of driveability complaints. There were a few rapid-fire calibration updates done very early in the release to fix "issues."

FWIW, the McClaren turbo is a T28, which is a T25 turbine and T3 compressor. The 2.0 Sunbird got a T25. I have both the T25 and T28 at the house.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Aphytex said:
whitelightning2 said:
blackz_twenty4 said:
What's wrong with that? The 3.1 Turbo was built by GM & McLaren... or am I missing something else? :-?

Chris
lol

Explain?

In 1989, air conditioning became standard on all models, and a 3.1 L multi-port fuel injected V6 replaced the 2.8 L engine. Another model designation to appear in 1989 was the Turbo Grand Prix. This version started as an SE minus three available options: leather seats, a sunroof, and in 1990, a CD player. These were shipped to McLaren/ASC to get a "B4M" body kit with special molding and hood louvers, and a modified 3.1 L V6 with a Garrett T-25 turbocharger and intercooler. The Turbo also included a full-analog instrument cluster that would soon become the base of the 1990?1993 sport cluster.
That's what I was getting at, but I guess, no matter what thread you post in, and what the topic, there's always one dick in the crowd. :roll:

Chris

·
Administrator
25,608 Posts
blackz_twenty4 said:
Aphytex said:
whitelightning2 said:
blackz_twenty4 said:

Chris
lol

Explain?

In 1989, air conditioning became standard on all models, and a 3.1 L multi-port fuel injected V6 replaced the 2.8 L engine. Another model designation to appear in 1989 was the Turbo Grand Prix. This version started as an SE minus three available options: leather seats, a sunroof, and in 1990, a CD player. These were shipped to McLaren/ASC to get a "B4M" body kit with special molding and hood louvers, and a modified 3.1 L V6 with a Garrett T-25 turbocharger and intercooler. The Turbo also included a full-analog instrument cluster that would soon become the base of the 1990?1993 sport cluster.
That's what I was getting at, but I guess, no matter what thread you post in, and what the topic, there's always one dick in the crowd. :roll:

Chris
I ment chris88z24.. not you :roll:

·
Registered
11,294 Posts
slowolej said:
McClaren did the initial tuning on the TGP and it kind of sucked. Those cars had all sorts of driveability complaints. There were a few rapid-fire calibration updates done very early in the release to fix "issues."

FWIW, the McClaren turbo is a T28, which is a T25 turbine and T3 compressor. The 2.0 Sunbird got a T25. I have both the T25 and T28 at the house.
yes the TGP bin is pretty bad stock :lol:

but very tunable :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.