J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It was a beautiful day here in Tennessee today so on the way to pick up the gf I decided to take the classic and stop by the local park to take some pics!!!! I really wished you could see it in person because the paint that I sprayed changed colors and in the pictures it's hard to tell. Only spent about 4 months on this truck and it was a total restoration project!!!!

·
Registered
38 Posts
sweet truck.

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
pingpong said:
very very nice looking truck, but you should have waited untill after you picked up the gf, then the pics would be better 8)
:lol: You know I've tried and tried but I just can't get her to pose in front of the classic or the Z!!!!! :lol: Guarantee you though if I was to ask a hot girl at a car show to do it the gf would get mad and say she would'ev done it. That's how they all are!!!! :lol:

Thanks alot guys, I've got alot of blood, sweat, and tears in this project and as bad as it was I wouldn't regret any of it. Especially since it was a father/son project and usually the dad is telling the son how to do everything but it was the complete opposite. If anyone hasn't done a father/son, father/daughter project. I highly recommend it!!!!!

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
pingpong said:
very very nice looking truck, but you should have waited untill after you picked up the gf, then the pics would be better 8)
:lol: You know I've tried and tried but I just can't get her to pose in front of the classic or the Z!!!!! :lol: Guarantee you though if I was to ask a hot girl at a car show to do it the gf would get mad and say she would'ev done it. That's how they all are!!!! :lol:

Thanks alot guys, I've got alot of blood, sweat, and tears in this project and as bad as it was I wouldn't regret any of it. Especially since it was a father/son project and usually the dad is telling the son how to do everything but it was the complete opposite. If anyone hasn't done a father/son, father/daughter project. I highly recommend it!!!!!
Haha, ive tried asking my dad to help on things.. but its useless. He gets pissed right away, breaks it and then it costs me more money :x

·
Premium Member
2,826 Posts
blackwidowz24 said:
If anyone hasn't done a father/son, father/daughter project. I highly recommend it!!!!!
I've been trying and trying and trying to get my pop to do something. 30 years as a mechanic and service manager really burned him out on cars a bit. He did however light up and giggle like a schoolgirl when I let him drive the vert with the turbo on it, so I stand a chance at getting him going again.

He's got an 89 1500 pickup that he's quite attached to. Bought it pretty wrecked around 92 and gave it a good once over. Was a real sharp looking truck, but 10+ years of the salt covered roads in the poconos has taken it's toll on the body. He's got a new daily driver and I've managed to weasel the 89 from him "so I could use it to go back and forth to home depot since he was going to have to junk it anyway." As soon as I get into the new house and have more room to work, that's getting a secret frame-off job. Then he gets it back as a xmas gift or something :)

- Frank

·
Registered
1,953 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pezed said:
how can your truck look so nice, but your car look so superglued on auto zone import isle?
:lol:
Good One.......but your way off!!!!! It was the Advance Autoparts Import Aisle!!!!! :lol: And the sad thing is that none of the stuff that's on my car is from neither!!!! That's what happens when you start fixing up your car when you first graduate. I've just never done anything to it in the past 4 years. I'm outta the whole scene and you'll find out shortly. Anyways thanks for the compliments guys!!!!

And Frank your dad will probably be so tickled when your finished. I hope everything turns out perfect for you.

·
Banned
7,153 Posts
/me submits Fr*nk's story to Overhaulin'

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.