J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well after about one month of work my cavalier is still not road worthy....

well i'll just talk about today, we hooked her up to my friends car and started the bitch up, it was about to die but then i gassed it and it sprang back to life, so it was ideling fine, i press the gas, and it feels weak, at least it moves.... so i start goin, and then slow down to make a turn(this is all in the garage) and she just dies on me, right there....

i pop the hood, and there is a clickin noise coming from the fuel pump relay, so i take the thing out, clean the shit, plug it back in, still clickin. i remove the fuckin thing, and we jump the car again, it starts up, i reverse back into my spot, open the hood and now the coolin fan relay is clicking too, what the fuck is wrong, not only that it leaked ALL my fuckin coolant from a hole(suppose to be there, compared to a beretta) under the rock n pinion... and it keeps on leaking as soon as i turn on the engine.... FUUUCCKKKK

please help,i'm about to give up hope, i want her back....

·
Registered
367 Posts
Check for corroded ground wires - battery to chassis or other loose wires. If your battery is totally bad - that could be why it starts when you jump it but dies when you try to move it. Could also make the relays click.

Your coolant leak sounds like the heater core is bad and coolant is running out the AC drain hole in the firewall. You could plug the heater core hoses until you get the rest of the problems sorted out.

Good Luck

·
Registered
667 Posts
when my car kept on stallijng it ended up being a bad coil pack. also my car was ideling messed and was feeling week and it ended up being tha i was low on tranny fluid and my gassket and filter was not good and one of my lines had a hole in it. just a few thing you can check.. dont know if they will work tho.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.