J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know u can easily do burnouts with an Automatic, but is it possible with a Standart?
Thanks;
-John

PS: No insults please, I know this sounds like a stupid quesion

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Well, lets put it this way. Automatic, when you floor it from a dead stop, your wheels will spin a little...but standard, redline it and pop the cutch with the handbrake on and you got yourself a smoke show. If you haven't tried this yet johnyg, give it a try and see what your car can do. I wish mine was standard. I know a guy with a '90 Z24 with a 5 spd and trust me, it lays more rubber than mine.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So doing this wont damage your brakes or anything???

·
Registered
22 Posts
it'll definitely wear down your brakes and tires. so pick your times. but as far as damaging anything, i don't think it will. just make sure your motor mounts are in good condition. and check those fluids once a week.

·
Registered
202 Posts
doing this is great fun but be careful not to overdo it, it is very hard on the clutch more so than anything else.

I blew the clutch out of my last car (84 honda accord I KNOW QUIT LAUGHING) plus it was free.
doing this kind of smoke show but man the tire blew before the clutch (I never let off)

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
Yes, it's true that it is hard on a car and I wouldn't do burnouts every day. But if some stupid riceboy spins the wheels of his little civic in your face, show him what a REAL car can do.

·
Registered
670 Posts
gunman said:
Yes, it's true that it is hard on a car and I wouldn't do burnouts every day. But if some stupid riceboy spins the wheels of his little civic in your face, show him what a REAL car can do.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

So true.. I SOOOOOOOOO second that. For the love of torque, don't buy a honda!!! :moon:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.