J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey what's up? i just bought a 88 cavalier Z24 with only 119 kilometres on it(yes i live in canada) It's a 5 speed and its in mint condition. I'm only 16 right now and i'll be gettin my license in about 5 or 6 months, but for now i am gonna store it. Ill put a few mods on it such as a K&N air filter and a racing clutch; possibly a magnaflow exhaust. I guess ill put a nice system in it, and i can't wait to drive it on the road. (actually i will take it out on the road when my parents are gone!) lol, well i was just wondering if there is anyone in my area i can race! Ontario, Canada

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Im from Manitoba, so I think it would be a bit 2 far 4 me.

-John

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Im in Hamilton,

not a good idea to drive the car without a license (when your parents arent home) BIGASS FINES!!!
by the way do you have your G1 yet even?
if not that car will be stored for at least 8 months before you can get your G2 1 year if you don't take Drivers Ed.

Also you really should maintain it a little while your storing it (if it's that long) maybe start it about 1 or 2 times a week so nothing seazes up on you,

·
Registered
96 Posts
Uh if you are just looking to measure up you're car to others to see how far you have to go on your performance go ahead and race Dallion.

But if you are looking to win....dont bother.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah, actually I have had my G1 for 2 months now, so I get my G2 in about 6 months.(I am taking driver training school right now) I know I probably won't take it out onto the road yet. I don't really wanna take the risk. Well, yeah, I just got my Z24 today! I love it, and yeah I am up to the challenge to race you two guys if you want.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
Wouldnt a stock 3.1L 5 spd. beat a stock 2.8L 5spd.??? Because the 3.1L has more torque and HP.

-John

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well I guess that is true, but it also depends upon the driver of the car!

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Don't call me stupid. I have been driving for 8 years on a five speed in our farm, so I know how to drive. Just trust me on that one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts