J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I dont have the money nor do i want to sell my car but I would just like to know what my car is worth. Its a 92 cavalier z24. It has 73,000 orignal miles. Nothing at all is wrong with the car the motor and body is in perfect condition. I am the second owner of the car. I have all the oil changes on record from when the car had 20,000 miles that the 55 year old lady gave to me when i bought the car. Oil changed every 3,000 miles. All its life its been garged but since i got it a year ago it has been under a car port. No rust! How much do you think it is worth b/c i have seen some j bodys go for alot around here. Thanks!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Hey Nick, I can tell you what they are selling for in this part of Missouri? I don't know the blue book value. My Neighbor paid $2000 for his 1994 RS. I have also talked to some of the Cav owners in town and the Z24 have went for around $2500(in good shape). I did see one on a used car lot for $1500 but it was sort of rough looking, rust, dents and messed up interior. You can get a general idea from the blue book but I have found that the area in which the car is located also dictates how much you can get for it. You don't live to far from me so I would think that the prices I quoted would be pretty close. The car that I am driving now(1994 RS) use to belong to my daughter and she paid $3000 for it 3 years ago. I bought it from her for $300. Of course it had sat for over a year and the transmission was shot. It was not garage kept so there was a years worth of bird crap on it also lol. I may be wrong about the prices but that is what they are selling for here. I live about 30 miles from Cameron and close to the Iowa border. It took me about 3 hour to drive to St Louis the last time I went. Pattonsburg, Missouri is having a car show this Sunday. It would be nice if you could make it? I hope this helped? Lonny

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Well this is as good a thread as any to post this.

When I bought my car a year ago this month, it had 14,000 priginal miles on it. Not a spot of rust anywhere on the body or undercarraige. No dents, nicks, or scratches in the paint. The interior was literally mint. All the original floor mats were there and still securely attached to the carpet. The rear seat had never been sat in. The seatbelts were still in the factory plastic. Nothing was broken, all systems working perfectly. No lights out, no plastic chipped or broken, all upholstery $100.

The fuel and brake lines had just been replaced by a GM mechanic and there was a new battery. Everything else was stock.

I paid $3,250.

He was originally asking $4,500.

For the record, it still has no rust, dents or scratches.

The interior is still in great shape but it could use a vacuuming. And of course, I custom painted the dash.

And it now has 31,000 miles.

So what do you guys think. Was it a good deal or did I overpay?

·
Registered
269 Posts
i thinik that if any car is close or over 10 years old its not worth more than 2 grand. garage kept or not. think about it. 10 years or starting, stopping, cold, hot, moving, sitting and any other shit its been through. things are going to go bad no matter what and the older the car the more things. :-? i know it sucks but hey i just bought a 90 z24 and i already put 900 into it and only had it for aobut 3 weeks max...but i only paid 1300 so its not THAT bad.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.