J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering if a K&N air filter is worth it. Does anybody know how much extra hp it gives the 2.8 V6 5 speed manual. I just wanna make a wise buy and know if it is actually worth it. Thanks everyone.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
My advice.........buy it..............mine cost me 50 CDN but on a STD you can really start to feel it around 3g's..............

dont know EXACT hp but its worth it

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks man, I think I am going to go for it.

·
Premium Member
3,895 Posts
No prob.............

·
Registered
2,345 Posts
I am new to this, but i have a question here... do any of you people realize that a cavalier z24 has a cowl induction hood??? you are sucking a lot more air if you just put the aluminum pipe on where the rubber one is and to use the stock holder for the filter... Just thought somebody might want to know this...

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
This has been discussed a million times, and I am getting tired of addressing it

Ok, sorry if I sounded bitter, don't take personal offence.
Use the search function, and you will find my (and others) comments on this matter.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
That's been mentioned I think he meant use the stock air box with an aluminum pipe...

I don;t think this would help too much because the "cowl" that was talked about earlier (in other messages) would only send air to the little circular area on top of the filter box, the cone filter can suck air from 360 degress around the filter (all around)

trust me i had both and the cone is alot better, but hey, it's your car do what YOU want right..

·
Registered
718 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well sorry moon, I just joined this site and I don't really know all of the features on it yet. No offense or anything, but the other guys aren't being jerks about it, so why are you?

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
My reply was about the cowl induction statement, in which there was one reply after mine, before yours. So there were no messages posted other than slayers that could be considered "jerky".

Anyway, I did apologize for sounding bitter, did I not? Finals were stressing me and whatnot, and a lot of the same questions do get asked over and over...

Again, I apoligize.

·
Banned
1,067 Posts
That's how it goes, stick your neck out for somebody, and get your head chopped off

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.