J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What would be the best thing besides dynomat to use in the trunk and other places to keep more non-directional sound inside the car? and are there any tricks to keep all my wiring to my amp and subs looking not so messy?

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
as for the sound thing, i'm not too sure, but the wiring, u could tuck wires under and mouldings that they could be running along, or use electrical tape to tape any loose wires together, n ot sure what else

·
Premium Member
24,384 Posts
feel free to take stuff apart :D I always take out my trim pieces and run my wiring under the carpeting.

As far as keeping the sound in you need good seals. if yours aren't up to par you might want to replace them. The dynamat thing is probably your best option. Although it can be a tad expensive.

·
Registered
4,691 Posts
Well, twistah_43 is running 2000W RMS and you can't really hear too much from his car when he's got the system going..... he of course went with like 3 layers of brown bread.......

and incase 4uhataz reads this post, you'll be happy to hear he's running 2 15" Power HX2's and will soon be running 2 modified RF 1000bd's (i think it's the 1000bd's, either way i think he said they'd be tuned to 1400W RMS), in place of the 2 modified Clarion DPX 1000 amps.....

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
wow :eek: i want my car to be really loud, i need bigger mid-ranges, too much bass for the stock 3 1/2's in the front, and i will also need an amp soon lol, the car is pretty quiet on the outside cept for the rattling

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
lol everything in my car rattles, whole back end(license plate, taillights), muffler, everything under the car, door handles, all the trim around my car, windows, the dash, almost anything that can move is rattling lol, might have to get out the vice grips on night

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
You can stop some rattling, but you'll never stop it all. Tail lights and trunk rattles are fairly easy, but when start really flexing panels, you might as well deal with it.

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
black94rs said:
In my current car you can't tell there is a system in it until you open the trunk. I mean you can see the Alpine HU, but everyone has a HU anymore. All my wiring is very well hidden, the speakers are tweaked in the stock locations, and it isn't all that loud outside the car, but inside is a WHOLE different story.
I'm not talking about little weenie SQ systems, I'm talking real stuff like 200 watts of insane power! :p

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
chamillion said:
black94rs said:
In my current car you can't tell there is a system in it until you open the trunk. I mean you can see the Alpine HU, but everyone has a HU anymore. All my wiring is very well hidden, the speakers are tweaked in the stock locations, and it isn't all that loud outside the car, but inside is a WHOLE different story.
I'm not talking about little weenie SQ systems, I'm talking real stuff like 200 watts of insane power! :p
WOW 200 watts huh? Yeah that's insane power alright :roll: and I'm pushing over a thousand watts so I don't wanna here no shit. Unless you wanna get banned. :lol:

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
jakerooni said:
I'm sure cham meant 2000 there dave LOL!
No Jake I meant the really insane wattage of 200! Those Pyramid amps are a motherfucker! 8) No, but most really hard hitting systems are going to cause some kind of noise somewhere! The best set up I saw that didn't rattle much was 2 JL w7 12'S WITH A bd1500 on each sub in a slot ported enclosure using the rear deck as a port. At least the part between the speakers. It hardly did any rattling, but it had some. I bet you can't guess who had that! :wink:

·
Registered
13,406 Posts
haha i hate pyramid stuff, my dad had sum and it was crap, blew the subs like nothing, but other people might have better luck. i can't wait till i have money to really upgrade my stereo system.. and hopfully stop most of those rattles :eek:

·
Registered
6,390 Posts
chamillion said:
jakerooni said:
I'm sure cham meant 2000 there dave LOL!
No Jake I meant the really insane wattage of 200! Those Pyramid amps are a motherfucker! 8) No, but most really hard hitting systems are going to cause some kind of noise somewhere! The best set up I saw that didn't rattle much was 2 JL w7 12'S WITH A bd1500 on each sub in a slot ported enclosure using the rear deck as a port. At least the part between the speakers. It hardly did any rattling, but it had some. I bet you can't guess who had that! :wink:
I sat in a McIntosh/JL Accord once. It had 4-18W6's in a ported enclosure and each 18 was run off it's own monoblock (not sure of the size) and it pounded so hard I almost had a heart attack, or heart failure. And sine it was installed so well and good damping was used, the car had NO rattles anywhere.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Yeah i have a lot of stuff that rattles, ive cured some... used a layer of dynamat in the trunk and doors, and put a lot of spray-in insulation foam behind the tail lights and license plate. Rattles can be a competition vehicles worse enemy. Every rattle is using energy to make it rattle, that energy is taken away from the sound which results in less Db's. RATTLES SUCK!!

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
go to eBay, and look up FAT MAT, I bought 36sq.ft for around $60 shipped, I still have around 5 sheets to install when I take out the back seat.

As for wires I would make a amp rack, and use 2inch pieces of wood to raise it off the floor as legs and then route your wire under it.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.