J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my shitty Panasonic deck died in my beater and I had to replace it so I bought this Kenwood, anyone have any experience with it that makes it more user friendly, I'm having a hell of a time making it work IE using the controls and menus, also anyone know if I paid too much?? I got it for $175 plus taxes so just a smidge under $200

opinions please

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
It is a GREAT DECK, I have it in my 03. Get yourself a thumb drive and use the USB. Also using the remote for your audio menu helps alot. Just read the ENTIRE Manual, you'll love it. I've had it since Feb. I sell probably a dozen or so x491 and x591s every week.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
juicy-j said:
It is a GREAT DECK, I have it in my 03. Get yourself a thumb drive and use the USB. Also using the remote for your audio menu helps alot. Just read the ENTIRE Manual, you'll love it. I've had it since Feb. I sell probably a dozen or so x491 and x591s every week.
yea i have a thumb drive already, i also have a hardwired FM modulator in the car that i used with my old deck so i just hookd that back up again, i tried reading the manual and its just a whole lot less user friendly then the alpine i have in my other car, but what pricerange are the ones you selling, the salesman i had was a sleeze bag and trying to rip me off with extended warranties and stuff

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
The reatail on that piece is $219 or so, the MAP (minimum advertised price) is $199, so you got a heck of a deal.

·
Registered
6,269 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
juicy-j said:
BTW, as long as it was an eXcelon dealer the eXcelon cd players COME WITH A 2Yr warranty. 8)
yea i saw that in the store but the papers i got with the deck i could only find one year, and yea that deck had a price of $199 cdn and i got it for $175cdn plus tax

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.