J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As requested by Patrick, I took pics of the left side kick panel pod. I thought I'd post them for all to see since some people think that you're really losing alot of space with them, but in fact you're not.

First, my big left foot resting against the side of the clutch pedal, you can see there's a good 2" or so between my foot and the pod.

Resting against the pod, plenty of clearance between it and the clutch pedal.

All the way down in the floor in the "dead pedal" area.

And yes, my car is freaking DIRTY! That's what I get for living out in the middle of nowhere... have to walk across muddy spots to get to my car. :lol:

·
Registered
769 Posts
WOW! Is that how much they are up there? I thought :( Crutchfield :( had them for like $150USD a pair. Crutchfield is usually high on things so I would think they could be had cheaper elsewhere.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Patrick is Canadian, so $150 USD is about a quarter million CAD. :p JK!

Yes, they're about $150 here. Mine were $145-ish plus tax at a local store.

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Nah, I've been tempted to try some dynamat around the back tho... should significantly reduce resonation. I wouldn't call it a "horror story", just gives it a bit of tonal imbalance IMO. But they're definitely in need of minor work, plus the fact that they're not at an optimal angle. If I could do it over again, I'd make them myself... but I saw these in a Q logic catalog back in '99 or so and was so ecstatic that somebody made something COOL for my car! :lol: So I had to have them.

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
ridgerunner said:
Nah, I've been tempted to try some dynamat around the back tho... should significantly reduce resonation. I wouldn't call it a "horror story", just gives it a bit of tonal imbalance IMO. But they're definitely in need of minor work, plus the fact that they're not at an optimal angle. If I could do it over again, I'd make them myself... but I saw these in a Q logic catalog back in '99 or so and was so ecstatic that somebody made something COOL for my car! :lol: So I had to have them.
o dam didnt know they were angled bad :( looks like i will get off my ass and make some lol

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're by no means "bad", but they could be done better. Sorta like how a T-bone steak isn't bad, but a filet mignon is better. :lol:

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
ridgerunner said:
They're by no means "bad", but they could be done better. Sorta like how a T-bone steak isn't bad, but a filet mignon is better. :lol:
yea well i am getten some flame minion range speakers so i might as well do it all good i am picky :p

·
Premium Member
5,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
patrick said:
yea well i am getten some flame minion range speakers so i might as well do it all good i am picky :p
Go for it... but it's "Filet Mignon", not "Flame Minion" :lol: What sort of speakers are you getting?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
yea i am thinken about goin with the focal 6.5 components v2 or v ones or spend even more and get the k or k2 ones lol depends on how stupid i am at the purchase date :D but right now i got no money for em spent all my money on other goodies

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.