J-Body Automobiles Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,what's up?My car has just passed the 190,000 mile marker.190,050 to be exact.But now i have a problem.There is a knocking comming from the bottom of the motor.Any ideas what it could be,and how to make it last at lease until the spring. Spring I'm putting a new motor in it but i would like it to last until the spring.Thanx!!

·
Super Moderator
7,650 Posts
Probably a rod or bearing. Definately not a good thing. Depending on how much you drive, It most likely won't make it until spring.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I plan on putting in another 2.8 because i was told i can get more tork out of a 2.8 than a 3.1 motor.I'm going to put a little extra in the new motor and trans.I want to push about 285hp or more.What do you think?

·
Registered
97 Posts
hey mantapart.com has a high performance 3.1. all forged parts: pistons, rods, crank, etc...
i think it has high performance heads too. not sure what the price is but check it out. High quality stuff

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey moonwell,somebody with a cavy just like mine told me.He had his car all hooked up.He caims that his cavy did mid 10's in the qaurter mile,and thats with nos.Is that posible?Oh you know how my dig dash is shot,and somebody said i should put a analog dash in.What kind of analog would go in my car,One out of a cavy or no?Do you know who has a lowering kit for a good price.I'm going to start with that first.I'm getting a digital camra for x-mas so you'll be getting some photos soon.I painted an american flag on the hood of my car.The hood didn't have any paint on it anyway.I wanted to show my support.The car is getting painted anyway.thanx!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts